New shop!

DavidK

New User
David
We just purchased a property in Durham which has a 28x28 shop. The roof leaks and most of the siding is on its last legs, but it is mine!

Attachments

• IMG_3815.jpg
    IMG_3815.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 277
  • IMG_6989.jpg
    IMG_6989.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 294
  • IMG_1291.jpg
    IMG_1291.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 264

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Congrats, If you want any suggestion on the siding or roofing pm me. One advantage of T-111 siding is it does provide some structural sheer strength. That make leaving in place an option. Congrats again

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Congratulations David! As you know I'm right around the corner so let me know if I can help along the way with the transformation.

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
David,
Very nice. Now you can not use "lack of space" for not buying any new toys. I will echo Pete and Mike and offer any help to get you moved and set up.
Matt

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Nothing better than a blank slate. Now you can make it completely yours. I noticed the separate electric service in there. That will be very helpful.

Yelverton

Mitch
Corporate Member
I am so jealous, that's a great space. We're looking for houses in Durham now and shop space is a must-have. We haven't seen many places with shop space this perfect. I really enjoyed setting up my current shop and setting up yours will be a very fun project.

DavidK

New User
David
Thanks to everyone for the kind wishes. I am really excited to be able to set up a good sized shop. Compared to my current small 1 car garage (10 x 16 feet) the new place seems cavernous!

The garage has its own power meter and 100 amp service so I should have enough power for a while ;)

The small closet in the corner is a bathroom (but there is currently no toilet (?)) o_O. The garage was sold as-is so I never turned on the water to find out if the lines leak. I wasn't sure I wanted to know :)

Thanks to everyone for the offers of help. I will try not to wear out my welcome :)

In the coming months, you can be sure I will have questions.

Now onto some specific replies!

Congratulations David! As you know I'm right around the corner so let me know if I can help along the way with the transformation.

Thanks for the offer, Michael. When I am ready, I would really appreciate some help getting things set up.

Now you have a place to put all that stuff you’ve been buying up.

This is really true! In the past couple weeks, my current shop has become a storage room (which now is totally packed) holding a number of tools I bought once I knew I was going to have more room (big purchases are Sawstop 3HP cabinet saw, ClearView cyclone and drum sander). My current shop is so full there is no place to do anything in there!

Excellent - looks like there a storage loft (of considerable size?) above too.

Yes, it has a large storage loft (about 14 x 20 feet) but it is very height restricted. It slopes from about 2 feet tall to about 5'6" tall at the tallest. Should be good for stacks of thin things ;)

Congrats David. Let me know if you need help getting it setup. Looking forward to seeing it.

-Pete

Thanks, Pete! As we discussed, I will have to have a "shop warming" soon :)

I am so jealous, that's a great space. We're looking for houses in Durham now and shop space is a must-have. We haven't seen many places with shop space this perfect. I really enjoyed setting up my current shop and setting up yours will be a very fun project.

I was pretty surprised when I saw this on Redfin. It is on a 3/4 acre lot 2 miles from downtown. I have spent a lot of time watching what comes up for sale in Durham and shop space is very rare near downtown, so I was shocked to find this. We made an offer the day I first saw it.

The property came with a house which is small (950 sq ft) and pretty basic, but we should be able to rent it out.

Our current house (which we are keeping) is just over 1/2 mile away, so making a trip to the shop is no big deal.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS