New Shop Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I haven't had a chance to gloat over any new shop toys lately.

I have had my eyes on the Supermax 19-38 drum sander for at least a year and a half. Well, I finally jumped. And all I can say is WOW. I have spent countless hours (and borrowing other NCWW's sanders) in the past and now I can do my own superb job of flattening wide panels. (Currently working on another raised panel headboard for another granddaughter and nooooo issue with getting nice flat smooth panels!)

It was certainly a beast (in weight) during the move from the store and during assembly but got it done with some heavy lifting assistance from my son-in-law. The only adjustment I needed to do was leveling the infeed and outfeed tables during assembly!

IMG_08105.JPG

And. To top it all off a Sargent 414 jack plane and a Stanley Bailey #4 followed me home from Ed's tool shop in Pittsboro. Both planes all tuned and sharpened ready to be put to use! (I took my brother in law to drool at his shop during a recent trip down from Canada for my 3rd oldest daughters wedding Mothers Day weekend. BTW LOML and sister kept busy shopping around the quaint antique shops downtown near the Woodright's shop.)

IMG_08114.JPG

IMG_08123.JPG

Now I just need to try and sign up for the next plane blade sharpening and setup class here at NCWW.

Thanks for looking.

Wayne​

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
grats,

saw the Supermax demo'd at Klingspor's last Hickory event. Waiting for the next one to get mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors