New Shop Started

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
A little clamp storage.

I added another clamp rack for my growing Bessey collection after adding additional clamps thanks to BobbyG and Peachtree's closeout. I picked up six 12" clamps through Bob's deal and then got four more 12" and four 31" Peachtree closed out there original style K-Body's. My clamp rack ran out of room.

I made this rack from a piece of 1-1/2" thick pine from an old waterbed. The dowels are 7/8" poplar, 13-1/2" long. Each 12" pair of dowels can hold 6 or 7 Besseys. I moved the old rack up higher on the wall and added the new one under it.

Clamps_002.JPG

View image in gallery

In order to fit the new rack under the old rack I had to move one other clamp rack out of the way. I put that rack, along with three others, on the wall under the cabinets over the storage bench. I was able to move a bunch of miscellaneous clamps to this new location. There is now a nice blank wall by the double doors that is large enough to mount a 30x30 wall cabinet. :icon_thum

FYI, my use of the term 'clamp rack' is very loose here. These 'racks' are just two strips of 7/16" mdf glued together with 3/4" holes drilled to accept dowels. But, hey, whatever works, right?

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Nice Clamp Racks... I just use garage rafters, pipes, or whatever works... :rotflm:

I do have a special piece of wood I use for C Clamps... :)

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
A quick update including my new Grizzlies. :gar-Bi

My Rouseau router plate cracked and had to be replaced so I ended up getting an Incra SideWinder routert lift when they went on sale. Had to modify the hole in my table top to make it fit. This is just a temporary install until I have time to build new router table.

This thing is great! Above the table bit changes, magnetic throat plates, quick raise and lower of the router. One full turn of the crank equals 1/32" up or down. Can wait to give this thing a try.

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
That's a COOL router lift... 1/32" per turn! WOW!
Once you get it where you want, will it MOVE AT ALL as you tighten/set it?

Is it motorized too... remote controlled? :rotflm::gar-La;

COOL STUFF!

It's too bad your New Plate hole couldn't have needed to be Bigger...

...just an afterthought... is there a way you could Cut and Inlay a new section for the new plate (and still be strong)? Maybe a Corian plate to receive THE router plate?

Thank you for sharing...

Your shop is really looking better & better all the time!

The new saw still working like a dream? :eusa_booh

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
That's a COOL router lift... 1/32" per turn! WOW!
Once you get it where you want, will it MOVE AT ALL as you tighten/set it?

Is it motorized too... remote controlled? :rotflm::gar-La;

COOL STUFF!

It's too bad your New Plate hole couldn't have needed to be Bigger...

...just an afterthought... is there a way you could Cut and Inlay a new section for the new plate (and still be strong)? Maybe a Corian plate to receive THE router plate?

Thank you for sharing...

Your shop is really looking better & better all the time!

The new saw still working like a dream? :eusa_booh

No motor and no remote control (except the crank). Maybe I can add those. :gar-La; There is a thumbwheel on the crank handle to lock in the position.

The top on this router table has started to warp, which is one reason why I am going to replace the whole cabinet. I made it from the old countertops in our last house. Got 12 years out of it.

The new TS is still working like a dream. Learning more about how to use it on every project.

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Mark, sounds really COOL!

Couldn't you just make a New Top?
... I know... you want to improve the rest of it too... yes? :gar-Bi

Thank you for keeping us updated...

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Mark, sounds really COOL!

Couldn't you just make a New Top?
... I know... you want to improve the rest of it too... yes? :gar-Bi

Thank you for keeping us updated...

I could just replace the top, but there are other improvements that I want to make.

The current design does not work well with the sidewinder. I had to remove all the drawers on the right side and cut holes into the router compartment. I would prefer to have the sidewinder crank mounted to the right side of the cabinet. I have already bumped into it a couple of times.

The new cabinet is planned to be a little larger with an offset that goes behind the tablesaw outfeed table. I'd like to build in a downdraft sanding area behind the router plate and add a 6" opening for dust collection.

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Yes, I understand...

I think I would try to design some vacuum help around the Bit so more of the chips could be sucked up Under the table... That down draft sounds good... I think it would help in Routing as well as sanding! GOOD IDEA! A good use of space not used as much by routing...

Yep there are always to keep improving things...

I look forward to seeing your New router table...

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Hey Mark,

When I saw This Sliding Table Saw, I thought of you! :rotflm:

They have some pretty big/good stuff...
Trouble is, one must arrange for shipping or pick it up... and everything they sell, for the most part, is heavier, etc, than all get out!

Kinda fun to browse around though...:gar-Bi

Just thought you might enjoy looking...

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Hey Mark,

When I saw This Sliding Table Saw, I thought of you! :rotflm:

They have some pretty big/good stuff...
Trouble is, one must arrange for shipping or pick it up... and everything they sell, for the most part, is heavier, etc, than all get out!

Kinda fun to browse around though...:gar-Bi

Just thought you might enjoy looking...

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Hey Joe.

I looked at a lot of those auction and used machinery sites before buying my slider. Saw some real nice machines being sold. I saw one of those Altendorf F45's for sale in Brooklyn on Craigslist for ~$900.00 IIRC.

Besides trying to ship, or pickup thos monsters, there is also the problem of space. I would need a much bigger shop, which would be OK with me. :gar-Bi Plus, those big machines mostly use 3 phase.

But, like you said, it's fun to look, and dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS