New Shop Started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Looking better and better every time you post, Mark. Are you going to have the insulation crew come back and do the shop ceiling? I had mine blown in, but that was before I put down the floor in the attic. I did not insulate under the roof since my attic is not "usable" space, just storage.
:icon_thum
Bill

Bryan S

Bryan
Looking great and is coming together nicely. :icon_thum :icon_thum :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I'm jealous

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Looking better and better every time you post, Mark. Are you going to have the insulation crew come back and do the shop ceiling? I had mine blown in, but that was before I put down the floor in the attic. I did not insulate under the roof since my attic is not "usable" space, just storage.:icon_thum
Bill

Yeah, have to call the insulation guy this morning and see about getting the crew back here.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
The walls and ceiling in the shop are now covered. The OSB was delivered Tuesday and the guys got here this morning and got it all put up. Took them about 4 hours.

This was another part of the project that I had planned on doing myself. At this point getting the job completed enough to get the final inspection done is more important to us. Once the upstairs is finished with wallboard, we should be good to go for the final inspection. Once that is done, we can get the power turned on and I can start moving in. I had wanted to build and install the knee-wall storage before the upstairs was finished. This way, we can get the building powered up and I can take my time getting the storage built into the knee-walls. It may take a little more time and effort, but we won't be on any kind of deadline to get it done.

Garage-Shop_112.JPG

View image in gallery

The pile of boxes on the floor in this next picture is the shop lights (6-2x4ft T8 fixtures) and bulbs, the outside lights, and the ceiling fan with lights for the upstairs. The box leaning against the wall has the window screens. LOML also got some 1" vinyl blinds for the shop windows. Closeouts at Lowes.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Sure glad you posted some new pics, Mark. I was starting to get the shakes after not seeing anything new for a couple of days. :rotflm: Don't know what I'm gonna do when it's finished. :gar-La;

Seriously, it's looking GREAT. Good decision to let someone else hang the ceiling and walls, especially in this heat. :icon_thum

Bill

T

toolferone

Are you planning on painting the walls, ceiling, and floor? If so please do it before you move any tools in. DAMHIKT

It looks great!!!! Thanks for the progress reports.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Are you planning on painting the walls, ceiling, and floor? If so please do it before you move any tools in. DAMHIKT

It looks great!!!! Thanks for the progress reports.

Walls and ceiling, yes. Hadn't thought about painting the floor. Is there some advantage to doing this?

I would, eventually, like to put some type of flooring over the sub floor. Maybe laminate or hardwood, if I can find it cheap enough. Have been checking Lumber Liquidators pretty regularly.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Walls and ceiling, yes. Hadn't thought about painting the floor. Is there some advantage to doing this?

I would, eventually, like to put some type of flooring over the sub floor. Maybe laminate or hardwood, if I can find it cheap enough. Have been checking Lumber Liquidators pretty regularly.

I painted my floor (OSB) a bluish/grey color, mainly to hide the ugliness of OSB. I think it also helps when sweeping up. Seems smoother. Also more of a uniform look instead of the black writing on the floor. I painted the ceiling (sheetrock) a bright white to help reflect light. I did not paint the walls (1/2" plywood), but in hindsight I probably should have: something light.

If you think you might want to come back later and put down a different floor, DO IT NOW! I had similar notions, but after being in the shop for five years, and seeing everything I've got in there, no way will I ever get another floor down.

Bill

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Looks good!:icon_thum I see someone isn't planning on moving any time soon!:gar-Bi

You are right about that. I told LOML to pick the house SHE wanted because I am NOT moving again. (unless we change my mind) :wsmile:

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I painted my floor (OSB) a bluish/grey color, mainly to hide the ugliness of OSB. I think it also helps when sweeping up. Seems smoother. Also more of a uniform look instead of the black writing on the floor. I painted the ceiling (sheetrock) a bright white to help reflect light. I did not paint the walls (1/2" plywood), but in hindsight I probably should have: something light.

If you think you might want to come back later and put down a different floor, DO IT NOW! I had similar notions, but after being in the shop for five years, and seeing everything I've got in there, no way will I ever get another floor down.

Bill

The floors are Advantech, which is already pretty smooth and it doesn't look that bad.

I was thinking that I would paint the walls and ceiling white to brighten things up. Don't really care about the look of the osb, at least not yet.

I would love to put down some flooring over the Advantech now, but if I do, I may have to move into the shop to try to avoid the wrath of LOML. I wouldn't mind, but there is no plumbing. Inconvenient, at best.

earl the pearl

New User
Earl
Nice shop I know that you will enjoy it. One trick that I learned in sealing the metal duct work for the DC is to use silicon caulk and brush in on the seams with a acid brush seals the seams and it is quick. Also if you want to change the duct work later it comes apart easy. Earl

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Mark,

Looking really GOOD!

In looking at the shop double doors, I wondered how you were going to handle the entry...

Easy to back truck up to it for loading/unloading, etc.?
Steps... Ramp...??

You're going to be having some REAL fun pretty soon!!

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks for the comments, guys.

Mark,

Looking really GOOD!

In looking at the shop double doors, I wondered how you were going to handle the entry...

Easy to back truck up to it for loading/unloading, etc.?
Steps... Ramp...??

You're going to be having some REAL fun pretty soon!!

The double doors are right around tailgate height for my pickup truck. should be real easy to back right up to the doors for loading and unloading.

If all goes as planned, we may get the final inspection this coming week, then get the power turned on. And, as you said, that's when the real fun begins. Looking forward to the move, but not looking forward to having to move everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors