New shop, same type of work

Richo B

New User
Richo
We've moved to Knoxville, TN and I've set up my new shop in an extended two car garage.
Unique clock for workshop_12.2.22.jpg

This funny clock was actually hidden in a closet upstairs and I decided to make it part of my new workshop. It has become the symbol of my Knoxville workshop. If you've been following me on YouTube you've seen the shop, if not I can post a photo or two.
I continue working on my puzzle boxes and am currently experimenting with making gears by hand, which is quite possible. I hope to incorporate them into my puzzle boxes and possibly other creations.
8_3-Progression of gear creation_3.2.23.jpg
This is a progression of gears from very first at top upper left to most recent at bottom right, which is part of a working device. Nothing pretty, but for me its all about experimenting and enjoying the process.
I'm also currently building a portable desk out of a sheet of plywood that was purchased in Franklin, TN, taken back to New Bern with thoughts of making it into a puzzle box. It was featured in several YouTube videos and then moved with me to Knoxville. I gave up on using it for a puzzle box because I had since acquired mahogany and oak from Joe Scharle which became the next puzzle boxes (4 and 5). The portable desk will be used for painting and possibly plein air painting.
1_Mockup of desk_2023.03.04_02.jpg
Taken while sizing up, before gluing
1_Mockup with 9 x 12 portrait_on top_2023.03.04_01.jpg
The top is large enough to fit a 9 x 12 piece of paper in either portrait or landscape form. 9 x 12 is the size of paper I use for both acrylic and watercolor painting. I also use a notebook for gouache painting and I'll add a removable ledge for use with that. This project is much faster than my typical project which can last for months since designing takes so long on these one of kind creations.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS