New Shop Diary - 13 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

crokett

New User
David
It's been a while since I've been here. Busy with work, some traveling and other personal stuff but moved everything from the old shop to the new 2 weekends ago. Just kinda piled it all up. Not time to do much else then. Got some help over the weekend with some of the heavier things to hang them. Had the day off yesterday so here's what it looks like now. This is the north wall where most of the storage will be. One light is lower than the other - I thought I was going to put my bench under it but changed my mind. They are heavy and it doesn't bother me enough to raise it up. :wsmile:

northwall4.jpg

West wall. The drill press I think will get moved to a cabinet on the east wall and the sander will go on the red one. The sander is short enough to fit under the uppers on the west wall, plus I can put the miter saw where the DP is now and use the counter on the north wall for support. East wall is empty right now. Most of the large tools will go there plus I will probably put the lumber rack there.
westwall2.jpg

South wall. Most of what is left on the floor will go on the shelf over the door. That shelf was fun to put back up. It came with the shop - it is 8' long and is 3/4" ply with 2x4 framing.
southhwall2.jpg

PChristy

New User
Phillip
David - good to see you back - shop is looking great:icon_thum bet you will be glad when all of it is organized again

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks like you're on your way, man!
Is that a lake I see out the front door?

crokett

New User
David
Dennis, that is the gravel pit. Part old driveway, part remnants of when they redid the septic before I bought the house. Someday I will scrape all that off and bring in topsoil. Some day.

Phil, thanks. my in-laws moved in kinda suddenly for medical reasons. It officially is temp to perm but probably perm, at least during the winters. So I've spent the last few weekends rehabbing some of the rooms downstairs and haven't been able to make it out to the shop at night. This week I don't have a choice though, one of my brothers is showing up with some tools and I gotta have a place to put 'em.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Lookin' snappy, David. Remember, clear floor space is opportunity! Whether for more tools or the next project is your call.

bwat

New User
Bill
Lookin' good! :icon_thum Yes it is laborious but I'm sure you are enjoying every minute! Some of us :frown3qg: are jealous. Plenty of time to build that new bench when you get organized. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS