New Router Table Fence (Updated Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeman45

Steve
Senior User
Started the fence for my new router table I recently built. It has a sliding fence that will have replaceable inserts. I took photos as I progressed.... Would have finished but I ran out of glue for the laminate!!:BangHead:

101_1901.JPG

View image in gallery
101_1902.JPG

View image in gallery

richlife

New User
Rich
Re: New Router Table Fence

Nice work, Steve. That design looks very similar to the aluminum fence that came on my Craftsman router table and THAT fence is very functional and effective. It's one of the best aspects of my router table -- I'm sure yours will be the same.

Rich

JimD

Jim
Senior User

Yours looks similar to mine. I don't see how you secure the sliding portion, however. I have slotted holes in the stationary part for the hanger bolts in the movable part and knobs to go on the bolts. I wish I had made it in two sections vertically, however. It is farily common for me to have a bit that needs a large opening down low and a much smaller opening an inch or so up. It's very nice to be able to reduce the size of the opening. I am sure you will find this handy.

Jim

AlexSwansboro

New User
Alex

Looks like a really good fence design. I am going to build a new router table after the holidays (Hopefully Santa brings me a new router). Would you mind sharing your design with me?

blazeman45

Steve
Senior User

Thanks for all the compliments guys!!

I don't see how you secure the sliding portion

I installed T-Track in the back of the sliding fences and secured it using epoxy. I then installed T-bolts thru the fence to secure it and allow it to slide... I took this picture for clarification...
101_1911.JPG

Looks like a really good fence design. I am going to build a new router table after the holidays (Hopefully Santa brings me a new router). Would you mind sharing your design with me?

I built it out of my head so it might be hard to share!! :rotflm:

I took some detailed photos for you... Let me know if you need any help or have any other questions..

I cut multiple inserts for the sliding fence which will let me change them out pending on the bit I am using. They are beveled on a 45 and the sliding fences hold them in place

The pen shows the insert which has not been cut for a bit yet...

The fence with the T-track epoxied in...

The finished product!!

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Re: Zero Clearance 'insert' vs dust collection

Aren't zero clearance inserts and dust collection at odds with each other? Isn't the air flow to the dust collection too restricted this way? Or do you allow air flow in to the dust box from the sides as well?

The only time I have 'zero clearance on a router bit, my shop collected very little through the back dust box, and I assumed that was due to too little air flow.

Henry W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS