New Rockler Store, Not Exactly Near By

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Got a Rockler catalogue this week. On back cover was an announcement of a new Rockler near by. Located in Fairfax VA. I don't consider Fairfax VA to be near me, as it's over 275 miles from my house. If travels take you to metro DC area, address is 12975 Fair Lakes Shopping Ctr, Suite 2975, Fairfax VA 22033. Next closest store is in Atlanta area, at least it was there four years ago.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Thanks for the update. I am in Washington DC often but rarely go to Atlanta where the prior closest store is located

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
My youngest daughter is getting married Labor Weekend near Woodbridge, VA. Might be a side trip.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Fall season is British Car Show season. I'll be heading North several times.
Traffic in Fairfax. What fun. not.

But got their newest catalog. Tons of stuff to make you want, none of it we actually need.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Cheap blue plastic at very high prices. Most of it I can make from wood.
The Rockler isle at Northern Tool didn’t last very long. About what I expected.
still a little drastically marked down items there.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Cheap blue plastic at very high prices. Most of it I can make from wood.
The Rockler isle at Northern Tool didn’t last very long. About what I expected.
still a little drastically marked down items there.
We only had one NT store that I know of that carried that line briefly and when they decided to stop selling it all the inventory was pulled and sent back to Rockler. No discounts or closeouts........
But Mike's assessment of much of their stuff is spot on IMO. They are the antithesis of Woodpeckers, which is expensive aluminum stuff that I don't need.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Everyone is just talking about their cheap brand jigs, not their other lines, including SawStop! Lots of hardware, lots of T-track stuff.
Yea, I'll stick with Cheap Amazon router bits for crappy stuff and Whiteside for good work.

My Rockler router fence is just fine.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
I have the Rockler DustRight hose for my TS, J/P, and router table. It's nice to be able to just pop the hose on and off as necessary.

1659884518629.png

decibel

New User
Patrick
Well looks like there is a Rocker store coming to Charlotte this fall. Saw an email saying they just signed a lease and they have postings out for a store manager in charlotte on their site. Wonder if that's why the tool isles disappeared?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS