New Resident and Member in KNightdale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herdfan2005

New User
Jason
Hi all,

I recently relocated my family from Massachusetts to Knightdale for a new job opportunity. I left behind my 16x24 detached dedicated and heated shop to move into half 2 car garage. So far I am am really enjoying NC, specially since temps are already reaching single digits back in New England.

I hope to be able to make some new woodworking friends so I can continue to learn. I mostly do dimensional lumber and pocket hole type projects but hope to move to hardwoods real soon. I'm also very interested in learning more about CNC as I love the fact I can do tech along with make sawdust.

Hope to see ya'll around.

--Jason

Shop_11_20_18.jpg

Last edited:

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Shep. You have come tot he right web site. There are a lot of members close to your area.

JohnW

New User
John
Warm welcome to NCWW. Nice to have anotherThundering Herd fan here in the Carolinas. "We Are"

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard Shep. You have already figured out how to load pictures, so bring them on. Whether it is a design conundrum, in-process pics, and completed projects - we like them all.
We are particularly good at helping you find local vendors - we'll help you spend your money! The local WWing shops are on the other side of Raleigh - my favorite is Klingspor's in Cary - at intersection of US-1 and 64.

Looking forward to your questions, project reports, and answers. Join the fray.

Henry

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard Shep! There are woodworking shops, and there are storage areas; woodworking shops have saw dust on the floor and everywhere else, a storage area doesn't. Make saw dust my friend!

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Welcome Shep. I lived in Knightdale 1985-1996. I remember when the Winn Dixie opened in the late 80's.

Volksdad

New User
Glen
Welcome! You’ll love it down here. (I moved from Brooklyn in 2003.) It is much warmer!

+1 to Klingspor in Cary.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Jason, welcome to NC! I was up in Vermont just a few weeks ago and the winters here are indeed much better!

Sucks about losing your dedicated sh op but hopefully you can get a new shop built asap. There is lot’s of good info locally about CNC work too.

Scott

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum Shep, feel free to ask questions, start discussions and share your projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS