SOLD - Powermatic 3520b lathe with outboard turning extension

I haven't had time to clean this lathe up but it runs great. It was my first big lathe. I bought it in 2008 or 2009.

It has been a trusty friend.

$2900.00 including outboard turning extension. Now only $2899.00!

pm2-2.jpg

$2900.00 including outboard turning extension.

Steve Sanders
Sanders Woodworking

Attachments

• pm2 motor.jpg
    pm2 motor.jpg
    1,005.7 KB · Views: 282
  • PM2.jpg
    PM2.jpg
    804.3 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Steve If I were in the market for a larger lathe I would jump on this, but alas I am not. As I understand it, these (and many other large lathes) hold their value well, so I believe that you have priced this fairly.... but then I am not the one who is purchasing. Perhaps post it on other sites (other WW sites such as WoodCentral Classifieds, or the more general sites like Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and a whole host of newer ones like OfferUp etc?

decibel

New User
Patrick
You might consider posting it on AAW or one of the local wood turning clubs. I could asks the group at Southern Piedmont woodturners if you want to open it up to them.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Thank you both. Patrick, that would be great if you post it with Southern Piedmont Woodturners. I'm reluctant to post it on Craigslist et al,
Want me to post on Woodcentral for you? It's (inter)national but mostly North American and lot's of turners. I'd post generically with details on the item and general location (is this Western NC?) and request to contact me; I'd send a link to your post.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Where are you located
If you hover your 'mouse' over a user's name a portion of profile shows up, including their stated location.
Steve's says 'Mount Ulla' - but I have to admit I don't know where that is; I have the expectation that is in Western NC, but haven't checked.

Davebrad

New User
Dave
If you hover your 'mouse' over a user's name a portion of profile shows up, including their stated location.
Steve's says 'Mount Ulla' - but I have to admit I don't know where that is; I have the expectation that is in Western NC, but haven't checked.
Thank you, I didn’t know that.

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Mount Ulla is between Mooresville and Salisbury. South of Statesville, so not too far west.

Roy G

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Would anyone like to make me an offer?

Delete that! You price it fair and wait. You do not want to sound desperate!

I have no idea what the lather is worth, however, I regularly watch the GovDeals Auctions and am regularly surprised at the prices 'stuff' brings! Esp 'cause the Government Agencies make no effort to 'Sell' (show off, include details, etc.) the items (employees selling Other People's stuff for Other People).

Write up an ad, take some decent pics, maybe link to the comparable 'new' model (showing current price, taxes and shipping!) DO NOT include your phone on Craigslist, use their email relay and state that interested buyers should email you their Name, Phone and Best Time To call them. Then ignore any email that does not comply.

Post the same add everywhere you can and sit tight. You're fishing and you've got to have all your lines out 'cause there's no way of knowing where the lather fish are feeding 'till one bites.

But, seriously, delete your plea for offers!

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Stephen - recent activity on this post (here) made me recall that I was going to 'cross' post your ad on WoodCentral - which I had forgotten to do. So I just did this yesterday, with a link to this post. (FYI, 40 views in <24 hours)
These beasts typically keep their value, as I understand it. I too think it is priced fairly (like Charles), though I am not an actual buyer so what I think makes no difference.

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS