New project started - Finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidF

New User
David
Well, for those of you that take great pleasure in letting me know how long my projects take - Travis..... I have purchased the wood and made the first cut in the Dining room table project. I got let down by East Wake Hardwoods as far as the Big Leaf Maple I was looking for, partially by poor old Roger getting sick and then by another person up there who said they would find some contact info for me, but never did. Anyway, I ended up with some very nice curly maple from The Hardwood Store on Saturday. 50 bd feet so far - $226.00. I still need to get the cherry I need.

I'll be taking some pics as I progress, but so far just some stock prep for laminating the legs. This could prove to be quite interesting......

Just as a reminder:

Dining_table_assy_7_full.jpg

Dining_table_assy_7_end.jpg

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Nice design - Looks like a fun and challenging project :icon_thum

Be sure to post how you calculate the angles and any jigs design ! :wink_smil

pete

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Well, for those of you that take great pleasure in letting me know how long my projects take - Travis.....

What are you talking about!!!!!!:roll::roll::roll:

I haven't got a lot of room to talk myself lately. I have been pretty slow on the stuff I have been working on myself.

Just know this, if and when you are ready, come on up and try out the sander, jointer (sorry no worthwhile planer, as it is still an irritating #*$$*@). I have a shelix on the way for the jointer and would love to have you come by and use it.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
David,

That is going to be one HECK of a table! I can't wait to see how it turns out! :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I remember seeing the plans on your computer in Hickory. Glad to see you are getting started. Please keep us posted.

DavidF

New User
David
What are you talking about!!!!!!:roll::roll::roll:

I haven't got a lot of room to talk myself lately. I have been pretty slow on the stuff I have been working on myself.

Just know this, if and when you are ready, come on up and try out the sander, jointer (sorry no worthwhile planer, as it is still an irritating #*$$*@). I have a shelix on the way for the jointer and would love to have you come by and use it.

Thanks Travis, might need to take you up on that sander for sure...
What's up with the planer???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS