New Phase to Woodworking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
My daughter and son are now 12 and 10, respectively. Two nights ago I taught my daughter to make a pen. Tonight I taught my son and then we worked together on his Lego shelves. They should be done with one more evening's work. He is very good with the Domino. (Pics to follow tomorrow.)

Anyway you would think the pens they each made are real magic wands from Hogwarts! Neither lets theirs out of their sight. I may have a couple of willing shop helpers going forward.

:gar-Bi

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
If you aren't careful, you'll end up being the shop helper!:banana:

What he said. I have became a shop helper to my 23 year old son. He is selling pens at work and I have to give them away!! But I am proud that I have taught him a skill. He actually taught himself but I take credit when I can :rotflm::gar-Bi:gar-La;

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
You actually have younger kids that WANT to be in the shop? When mine were younger, they avoided the shop like it was a torture camber or something. Now that they are older, I can't get them out of there and almost have to fight them off just to use the TS :gar-Bi Don't you know speaker cabinets are all the rave... you would think everyone in the whole county would have a pair of speaker cabinets in the trunk of their car by how many my boys have cranked out...

Maybe I should buy a lathe and throw them a couple of sticks to play with - that way I could use the TS when I wanted :eusa_thin

leftoflefty

New User
Ricky
Doug thats great! I took my daughter wood shopping with me today. She said it was "awesome". :gar-Bi Hopefully when she gets a little older I can work on projects with her.

Glennbear

Glenn
Very good Doug :icon_thum when my daughter started school at RPI she was amazed at how many students both male and female lacked manual skills. Obviously that cannot be said for your kids. :wsmile:

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Doug,

Great share! :thumbs_up

The only thing greater than making something with your own two hands, are to watch your kids make something with theirs!

M

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Good job Doug, now if only you can convince one of them to run for your President's term in May.:rotflm:

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
My daughter and son are now 12 and 10, respectively. Two nights ago I taught my daughter to make a pen. Tonight I taught my son and then we worked together on his Lego shelves. They should be done with one more evening's work. He is very good with the Domino. (Pics to follow tomorrow.)

Anyway you would think the pens they each made are real magic wands from Hogwarts! Neither lets theirs out of their sight. I may have a couple of willing shop helpers going forward.

:gar-Bi

So, is there an app for that...?

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Good stuff Doug!!
nothing like your loved ones sharing your passion for wood...
Can't wait to see pics of the new lathe!!!
Will it be yours or theirs??
(You DO know you need another lathe, right??)
:thumbs_up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors