New over 2 year old member

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Jankowski

John
Corporate Member
Hey guys,

I've been around for over two years now but have not been active. About that time I was building a house and then my mom passed away and I had to take care of her house in NY. Finally have had the time to get back to some of my hobbies.

Been wood working since I was a kid in the 70s in NY. My dad would go into the woods and buy a tree which he would then have a friend of his lumber out. When I was cleaning out my mom's house, I brought back a few thousand bf of walnut and oak that my dad had lumbered at that time. Now I have some wood to play with.

Not being very artistic, but more scientific and engineering in nature, cabinetry and "modern" furniture was more of my forte. That is until I got "infected" about 5 years ago by woodturning. Currently that is how I "relax" in the shop. I still do other woodworking as I need to, but I turn every chance I get.

I've been to a few TWA meeting and I am a member of NCWG and the AAW. Looks like a great group of people over here (much like BT3Central). Look forward to meeting you all at the picnic.

John

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome aboard, it is great to have you. We would love to see some of your work. Feel free to dive in at any time.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site even with your delayed introduction. I know what you've been through as I lost my Mother this past summer and settling her estate still is not complete. But memories of she and my Dad remain bright and cherished, as I'm sure you can appreciate. We'll look forward to pictures of your spinny side passion and things you craft from that great stash you've brought back from your Dad's holdings.

Welcome into the light!

RandyJ

New User
Randy
John, Welcome to the friendliest WWing site on the whole WWW> It's about time you introduced yourself! Two years lurking is long enough!!:rolf:

Don't hesitate to jump in with questions/suggestions. As already mentioned, please post pictures of your work, lumber, you, etc. We love pics!!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Hey John, nice to finally get to know you. I've seen you on-line, and always wondered who you are.
It's great to have more turners here, more brains for me to pick:icon_thum. I enjoy turning but am just muddling my way through it without any formal training. It's great to know that there are more turners close to me (Garner is my backyard)
I look forward to your input in the forums and hopefully seeing some of your work :icon_thum

Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Yet another Welcome to you, John!!:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

I sure wouldn't mind having my own walnut and oak store in the shop!

Now let's see some pictures of what you will come up with using all of that fine lumber.:eusa_clap

Take care and enjoy!

Wayne

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Welcome Neighbor !

It's good to have you with us, even if you do turn perfectly good square wood into round again:lol:. I'm looking forward to seeing you at the picnic.

Jimmy:)

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi John,

Welcome to the NCWW. I'm glad you decided to make it official and introduce yourself. Always good to have another woodworker join us. Don't forget to post a few photos of your work. We do love photos here.

Ray

toolman

Administrator
Chad
Welcome John!! :eek:ccasion1

SAPWOOD you can speak for yourself!! :wtongue: You may need :5help: but I need more than :5help: I need a bunch of HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:ccasion1

:rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome John! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I'm glad you've finally got some time to enjoy woodworking again (and a bunch of nice wood). :lol::lol::lol: Please feel free to jump in and I can't wait to see some of your work. :icon_thum

Trent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS