New "Old" member up on Lake Gaston

Status
Not open for further replies.

fulldec

Don
Corporate Member
Hello all,

I registered 4 years ago and don't think I ever returned. I enjoy woodworking on a small scale, as well as, model airplane and model rocketry hobbies. I am planning a new shop attached to our house. I'd like to try my hand at building a couple of small boats.

Looking forward to participating in the community.

Don
Macon, NC

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome back, I might just want to come down to Raleigh for a visit. I have about 15 r/c planes hanging from the rafters and two small boats being built right now.

Or you could visit the Woodworker Showcase on Sept 6 at the Klingspor store in Raleigh. I will have one small boat complete and will be demoing how to bend ribs in the other

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Don!

I am always curious of people's handle - so I am guessing a poker shark? (Fulldec)

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome back, Don! I too live in Macon. Give me a shout (or PM) sometime. Look forward to having you in our little dust pile.

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Welcome back Don. There are a few people on the forum from the Lake Gaston area. Look forward to seeing some pics of your shop and any boats you build.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nope, not a poker shark. DEC are my initials. Just a joke on playing with a full deck (or not).

Don

Love it!:rotflm:

( I have been told I am a few fries short of a happy meal!)

fulldec

Don
Corporate Member
Thanks all for the welcome. My current work area is in the garage and is mostly for the model rocketry and airplane stuff. A window AC keeps it nice in the summer but the little kerosene heater and baseboard electric heater can't keep up in the winter (at least last winter).

My major woodworking tools are up in Maryland awaiting the new shop to be built. I'll post some pics in time.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors