Status
Not open for further replies.

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
Hello everyone, newbie here. I've enjoyed reading a lot of threads and decided I needed to join, and hope to have some form of constructive input for the years to come. I live right on the border of VA/NC, in Suffolk. I have a small sawmill operation where we bring sawlogs in from the surrounding states, custom saw and dry lumber. I run a LT70 electric mill, edger and dry the lumber in a Nyle kiln. I'm currently setup in Boykins, VA but I am in the process of moving the operations to Suffolk on my farm. It will make it much more convenient when I'm working in my shop to walk down the dirveway to the warehouse for my wood. We carry just about all species, and a large selection of exotics as well. I enjoy building furniture and cabinets when I get the chance to. I work as a government contractor during the day, that way I can blow my money on sawdust at night.

Look forward to chatting with everyone.

Chris

MikeH

New User
Mike
Welcome to NCWW Chris! We're glad to have you. Have any pictures of the mill and projects you've done?

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Welcome Chris, I'm just down the road in Ahoskie. Its good to know there is a supplier near by, how do I get to your yard? If your're ever in the area give a shout.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome, I am just a bit southwest of you on the NC side of the border. I will have to stop in.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Wondering when I might see you pop in Chris... welcome aboard!

Larry - Chris's yard (currently) is right in Boykins at the corner of South Railroad Ave and Elizabeth Street - about 30 miles from you.

For those that missed it, here's a shot I took at Chris' place about 6 weeks ago:

WP_000016.jpg

View image in gallery

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
Thanks all. I'll post some pictures later today of some of the things we do, and a couple items I've built. nothing great, but it's something.

larry, I'm moving everything to our farm in Suffolk, straight up 13. going to be a few more months, waiting for the builder to start the new warehouse.

more to follow

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome Chris......hope to see pics....do you sell small quanities of wood

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
I put some photo's in a album....not sure if I got it right. time will tell

You got it right Chris - nice shop! That tool cabinet looks like maybe some of that maple and is that walnut? Nice contrast, gonna look nice when finished!

C.

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
yep, the tool cabinet is walnut with curly maple doors frames and drawer fronts. hoping it will contrast nicely. the back will be curly maple veneer that I'll press in the next few days

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
:saw:Chris ....welcome to the site...I might have to come up after the move and see a sawmill in action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS