Status
Not open for further replies.

Truefire

New User
Chris
Welcome aboard Chris,

Nice to have you join and yes by all means interject your thoughts at any time, provide us with the 'good to knows' and certainly fill us in on any wood that you might desire to sell out of your mill should you ever desire to do so.

there are some great guys up here as you may have already discovered, that will bend over backwards to assist another woodworker

take care Chris, Chris :gar-La;

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
thanks Chris, and everyone else. feel free to send me a message or call if you want to get a group of guys together and come for a sawmill visit. I enjoy spending time hanging out with folks and talking about sawdust creations and mishaps. i extend a discount to any member, no matter what you need. we have a extensive inventory, mainly because I'm a wood addict. I look forward to the upcoming events and meeting with folks and hope to learn more than what I know now.....which I don't know much, so I have a lot to gain. sorry for your loss :)

Chris
SRH

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Chris, welcome to NCWW! It's a great community and there is always room for another sawyer.

If you ever run across any white oak logs that are too large for your mill, please give me a call. I'm always in the market for large, clear WO logs.

Thx.

Scott

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
Scott, thanks. I've been looking for someone who can slab large logs. what dimensions can you do? I had a dozen 5' diameter red oaks a while back, would have loved to slab them

Chris

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Chris, I can mill a log up to 5' in diameter and up to 58' long (my sawmill is set up for quartersawning and for making timberframe timbers).

Unfortunately the dedicated slabber is not assembled yet (I have the parts, just have not moved making it to the top of the project list), but when it is assembled I should be good for 6' in diameter.

How do you like your LT70? I've heard a lot of good things about them.

Scott

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
well now I know who to call once I get the next big one.

love the 70! combined with the edger it makes things go much faster. Have you seen there WM1000 head rig?

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
well now I know who to call once I get the next big one.

love the 70! combined with the edger it makes things go much faster. Have you seen there WM1000 head rig?

Haven't seen one live, but read the reviews and it looks pretty cool.

I have an old 20" bandsaw that was in my old shop; I've been thinking about remanufacturing it to fit on my sawmill track and provide me with a thin kerf option to the slabber.

Lots of projects around here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS