Status
Not open for further replies.

HossHinshaw

New User
Hoss
Hey,
Thank you for the welcome. I'm an old industrial arts major from ASU (class of 83). I've enjoyed woodworking for many years and have made some furniture, enjoy turnning small items like ink pens & bottlestoppers my lathe, enjoy using handtools and power tools. I'm just getting interested in bowl Carving and would like to learn more about chairmaking too. This site looks like a great community and I appreciate the policys which I just read. Thanks and it's good to be here.
Now, if I can just learn how this posting thing works ... (I hope this is the right place to intro self I might have clicked too many times? )
Hoss

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Welcome Hoss. Some of us from the Triad get together at the Moose Cafe near the Greensboro Farmers Market once a month. The next luncheon will be 11:30 on Dec 15. I hope you can join us.

Steve

HossHinshaw

New User
Hoss
Welcome Hoss. Some of us from the Triad get together at the Moose Cafe near the Greensboro Farmers Market once a month. The next luncheon will be 11:30 on Dec 15. I hope you can join us.

Steve
Thanks for the invite Steve, That sounds like fun, I won't be able to attend this one because of my work schedule, but hope to make some future meetings. I'm a school teacher but maybe can make some summer meetings (if you meet in the summer months). I appreciate it.

HossHinshaw

New User
Hoss
Good to have you with us Hoss. How about posting some pictures of your work. Here's the link to "how to" http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25508

bobby g
Hey Bobby,
Thanks, I will have to check out the link on how to post pics and put a few on here. I see you're in Pittsboro- Have you checked out Roy Underhill's ww school there? I went there with our woodworking club a few weeks ago & found it very interesting. Were you in residential construction? I'm a drafting teacher by trade but did build my own house 17-18 years ago. We really enjoy it.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Glad you're joining us in the friendliest sawdust pile on the web. Wish I had paid more attention to my Mechanical Drawing teacher in high school--don't draw things well, but I can read the stuff.:wink_smil

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome Hoss......lets see some pics...great group here...you will enjoy:eek:ccasion1

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
The Pleasant Garden I live in is in southern Guilford county (about 8-10 miles south of Greensboro) I work at a high school in Randolph county as a drafting teacher. Where is Ahoskie?
Ahoskie is in Hertford Co (NE part of the state along the Va border)

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Thanks for the invite Steve, That sounds like fun, I won't be able to attend this one because of my work schedule, but hope to make some future meetings. I'm a school teacher but maybe can make some summer meetings (if you meet in the summer months). I appreciate it.

First off, welcome to our humble sawdust pile Hoss. There are a great group of folks here that are always willing to share their knowledge, offer help and even open up their shops. Second, if you can not make the December lunch, we have set the 3rd Thursday of each month to meet at the Moose for lunch. Come join us when you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS