New Member - Wilmington moving to Charlotte in a few weeks

ogfire88

New User
Ethan
Hi all, I have been watching the forums for a long time and have been woodworking 5 years now, on and off. A bit bummed to be leaving Wilmington because of my pretty sweet garage setup now (well, before the moving boxes took over), but excited to work on the new one. I specifically joined now because I have a few tools that I'm offloading prior to the move and wanted to offer them up. Will officially post for sale when I'm able to according to the forum rules. Either way, excited to have finally joined and hope to learn from the folks here! Feel free to ask me anything.. well, most anything!

I have built a wide variety of things. A lot of work I've done has either centered around tables or CNC based work. I have a 4x4 router that's been great (hoping to offload it before the move, mainly for space and the fact that it doesn't get all that much use anymore). I'm an engineer by trade and have enjoyed learning and actually using a CNC machine at home. I have an affinity for nice tools and love that woodworking is a self funding hobby that feeds my tool addiction. It's cool to look back over the last several years and see how I've improved over that time. It's a fun journey!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Ethan. We have lots of member in the Charlotte area. I am sure they will be glad to help you setup a new shop.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Ethan. I live in the northern area of Charlotte (don't hold that against me). Just give a shout if you need some help.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Ethan,
Glad you joined and look forward to seeing pictures of the new shop!

JRedding

John
Corporate Member
Welcome Ethan. I’m still somewhat recent to Charlotte - I live west out by Lake Wylie - and my wife and I love it here. Happy to help if you need anything while setting up shop. My new shop was just completed, machines moved in and finishing up the electrical drops so I know what you’re going through!

ogfire88

New User
Ethan
Thanks for the replies all! We are under contract on a house in Huntersville so we’ll be just north of Charlotte.

I’m still working out exactly how it’ll be setup. I’m not sure we have enough space for a shed, so I’ve got to get creative with yard tools. We’ll see once we are able to get all the moving boxes out once we get there.

Diane Dickens

New User
Diane
Hello Ethan, welcome to the forum. When you get your new shop all set up and need any new small bands, just give me a shout and I will help you out. I'm in Union Grove and not too far from Charlotte. Diane

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS