New member near Chattanooga

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgmcnabb

New User
Ryan
Greetings! New member here from near Chattanooga, TN. I'm glad to find a forum like this that is local. I'm a disciple of Roy Underhill, and have been working with wood for nearly 20 years. I built my own log cabin (skidded the logs with a horse) and a timber frame addition, also built Kentucky rifles professionally for many years until starvation loomed large. I've taken several years off to raise a family but am now planning a large timber frame addition to the cabin with a nearly historically authentic interior. Might even try my own lime plaster. I aspire to make my own sash windows but frankly that may be too much to take on.

Anyway, thanks ahead of time for all the help and advice I'll get here.

Cheers
Ryan

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Hiya, Ryan. Poke around the forums. There is a lot of good stuff on here. Feel free to post pics of your projects, and ask questions whenever you need suggestions or ideas (good or bad, all the suggestions and ideas are free).

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
And another welcome to you Ryan. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Sounds like you have tons of great experience to share. Feel free to post some pics of your cabin or any other projects in the Photo Gallery. This is a wonderful group of folks. I'm glad that you could join us. :icon_thum

Dean Maiorano

New User
Dino
Ryan,

You are The Man! Skidded your logs with horses, now that's 'organic' woodworking! Welcome aboard mate, there's loads of good people with good advice and great hearts here, as I have found out repeatedly (joined within the last seven months myself).

Dean

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome Ryan. Hope you enjoy this site as much as I do. And just in case you missed the point in some of the post above, we love pics. :gar-La;

Bill

terry1166

New User
Terry
Welcome to the forum, Ryan. My wife and I lived in Chattanooga for almost 30 years prior to coming to Charlotte 5 years ago. We really miss Chattanooga especially since we still have two grown daughters there. It's in a beautiful part of the country. You'll enjoy the interaction with members of the forum.

Terry

jmauldin

New User
Jim
Welcome aboard. I grew up in Chatt (actually Red Band and Soddy-Daisy) Still have family there, also in Cleveland and just out of Ooltewah around Harrison Bay. If I ever get the chance to got back that way we will have to get together.
Jim in Mayberry

rgmcnabb

New User
Ryan
Thanks, guys. Looks like I'll have plenty of labor at my disposal when the time comes to raise my timber frame in a year or so!

You guys do work for beer and baloney sammiches, right?

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Hey Ryan,
Good to have you here. As you'll see over and over - pics are great!
Would love to see some of your work - cabin, rifles, etc.

dobbsj

New User
Joseph
I am a retired Chattanooga native living near Charlotte. I am getting back into woodworking after many years of the corporate world.

I commend you on building your log cabin. What part of Chattanooga was this?

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
Ryan,

Welcome! Great to see you here!

As far as raising your timber frame for beer - Well, I've been known to do lots and lots for a little Guinness

Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS