New member jitters

Status
Not open for further replies.

PamH

New User
Pam
Hey there folks. I'm a new member and just want to say hello...once I figure out how to send a picture I'll put one of me and my dogs out there. Looking forward to the live chat on Thursday. I don't live in Raleigh but I visit often enough to know its a great area...and...its got some fantastic woodworking shops. I was recently in the Woodcraft store...wow...! I live near Albany, N.Y. and although we are in the woods there's nothing like the Woodcraft store up here. Another plus for Raleigh. Again, Hi there to everyone. :banana:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the NCWW family from a former New Yorker. Been here since 1993 and would not go back. I grew up in the Poughkeepsie area.

RayH

New User
Ray
Hi Pam,

Glad you decided to join us. We are looking forward to your next visit and your pictures. I'm keeping my eye out for a scroll saw for you.:gar-Bi

Ray

Glennbear

Glenn
Welcome Pam, I moved down to Dixie from NJ and my daughter went to school and lived in Troy for a few years so I am familiar with the Albany area. Pretty country up there but now that I have lived in VA for a few years your winters are too cold for me. :wsmile:

PamH

New User
Pam
I was hoping you would say that...actually...we're considering fixing up that little shed next spring...I think it would make a fine wood working area. :)

PamH

New User
Pam
Hey, so you're familiar with Troy? What a small world. I'm sure you don't miss the snow.

PamH

New User
Pam
What a small world. The North Carolina region is beautiful. You signed off with "maker of fine saw dust" I love that...me, I consider myself the maker of some tremendous fire wood...'gotta keep on trying:)

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Welcome Pam. No need for jitters. I am a former New Yorker as well, and spent 4 years at RPI in Troy. My wife is from Schenectady. We were married in Albany.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Pam. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I was in Albany about two months ago for work (was working in Saratoga Springs and flew out of Albany). It's a beautiful area up there. :rolleyes: Anyway, there is no reason for jitters here. I'm glad that you could join us. Make yourself at home. :icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Pam!

I had the same jitters about five years ago when I retired and joined NCWW. That disappeared in short order when I quickly found out that this bunch and its broad spectrum of knowledge was willing to assist me in any question that I raised. Was made to feel very welcome and walked me through every step from buying new tools, setting up shop, buying wood:wwink: to answering even the simplest question that I would ask. Very supportive bunch!:icon_thum

I look forward to your future contributions and possibly seeing some pictures of some of your work.

Stay safe around those power tools (and in all that snow up there).

Wayne

DaveD

New User
Dave
Welcome.
Next time you are in town have someone take you over to the Klingspoor (Sp?) store over on Capital Blvd, just north of the I-440 beltline. Its another place you can spend 'money you don't have'. :thumbs_up

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Pam, I introduced your uncle (RayH) to this site a few years back. And now I welcome you, you might not live around here, but I feel that you have a lot of love here in NC.

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS