New member in Swansboro

KurtB

Kurt
Corporate Member
Kurt,
Hint, VHT epoxy in a rattle can makes a very good durable finish. Much tougher than any other rattle can I have tried. Comes in gloss black for sure, and I think red.
Thanks Scott. I've used VHT Engine Enamel and also Dupont Duplicolor Engine Enamel Ceramic. Did this K240 Scrub with it. I give it 24 hours to dry and then bake it in the oven for an hour to cure it. Haven't tried the epoxy.

KeenKutterK240.jpg
I

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
You will get to love the scrub plane. I have concluded it is one of the critical set: Scrub, #5, and block. I sharpen mine by hand on a Makita wet wheel.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
Correct.... They are all Bailey style. But I fail to see how that makes a plane "low quality".

The functional difference between the Bailey and Bedrock style frogs is.....Nothing.

Every one I have seen is a Bailey, not a bedrock frog.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
I don't think that's necessary. This is just a discussion about planes as included in the OP's initial post. Nothing mean-spirited or confrontational has been said.

Since the restoration of old tools was included originally I think that discussion/education on the subject is appropriate in this thread.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS