New member in southern Orange County

MTod

Michael
Corporate Member
Hi, my name is Michael and I have a small custom shop. Here is my latest table.

Attachments

• 73AA20D7-C368-4B06-B295-3390D1DC519A.jpeg
    73AA20D7-C368-4B06-B295-3390D1DC519A.jpeg
    6.9 MB · Views: 96
  • E9589EE1-DE79-4FF6-9F32-FCA8C5CBD7BB.jpeg
    E9589EE1-DE79-4FF6-9F32-FCA8C5CBD7BB.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 92

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Hi, my name is Michael and I have a small custom shop. Here is my latest table.
Welcome aboard - looks like you are an accomplished ww-er, so feel free to add the expertise already present, or ask or comment as you wish (just posting pics is great too!).

Nice work on the table - any comments on the build? Your own design? Do you source slabs or cut them yourself? Base use laminated curves or cut out? Commisioned work or spec? I presume you are selling pieces, but this could also be commissioned for you own home or a family/friend.

MTod

Michael
Corporate Member
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.

Henry: The table was my own design with the base trying to capture the slimness of wrought iron railings. I used a slab of air-dried walnut a friend had in his barn. For the legs I sketched out a curve that looked pleasant and made a form around which I bent .1 inch thick QS walnut. I kept the ends of the forms parallel to each other so I could use the form to strike parallel lines on the bent laminations to form the shoulders of the tenons. Finish is 3 coats of Waterlox. This table was commissioned by my wife as she liked the figure on the slab.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Michael, we are glad you found us!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS