New Member in Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric G

Eric
Senior User
Hello friends! Stumbled across this forum a while ago and it seems like a great community so I'm excited to join it.

My name is Eric from the Raleigh area, out by Clayton. Wife and I recently bought our first home, so I've been working on outfitting our garage for my workshop. I'm relatively new to woodworking in the past year or so, so my shop is still a bit bare. I've been getting drawn into hand tool work and furniture making, so most of my work will be surrounding that. One of my soon upcoming projects will be a new roubo style workbench. I'm also always on the hunt for local resources for lumber & old tools.

I don't really know any woodworkers in the area, so I look forward to getting to know many of you here!

Regards,
Eric

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Hey Eric, welcome to NCWW. You have definitely come to the right place for knowing local resources (tools, lumber, services, etc.), but also ideas for you - including design, wood selection, finishing, etc. The best part of this group is an incredible willingness to share and help out. Our local workshops are great quality and usually very hands-on learning; look out for those announcements - I know there is one planned for late January.

Eric G

Eric
Senior User
Hi Henry -- Thanks for the welcome & information! I will definitely be on the lookout for those workshops. Sounds great.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Eric. y ou have definitely come to the right web site.

Herdfan2005

New User
Jason
welcome Eric, I just recently joined this site as well. I'm in Knightdale. I've already met a wonderful woodworker and was able to get a nice Delta jointer from him. Be sure to check out Klingspor's woodworking store in Cary.

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Eric. You never meet a nicer and more helpful group of folks.

Eric G

Eric
Senior User
Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I am quickly learning how friendly and welcoming this community is. The information & resources available as well is great.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome to our sawdust pile Eric.....also out in Clayton here...actually Archers Lodge...lol We are going to have to have a Clayton Members breakfast one of these days. Hope to meet up in the near future

Eric G

Eric
Senior User
Welcome to our sawdust pile Eric.....also out in Clayton here...actually Archers Lodge...lol We are going to have to have a Clayton Members breakfast one of these days. Hope to meet up in the near future

I am on the Raleigh side of Clayton, but just a few minutes outside. Would love to meet up with some local folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS