New Member In Oak Ridge

Mac In Oak Ridge

New User
Mac
Howdy! I am Mac In Oak Ridge. 76 years old and been involved in wood working since I was around 7 years old and would be the holder of boards while my father, a carpenter, sawed them with a hand saw. Because of his insistence that I be on job sites where I could go I learned about house building from digging footer, pouring concrete, all the woodworking from framing to finish carpentry. He also would put me with electricians that came on sites to "watch" what they do and ask questions.

There is not much in any phase of woodworking that I haven't done, one way or the other. I have attached a couple of photos of what I consider my master piece. It is from an article I saw in Popular Woodworking magazine (I think) 10-15 years ago. Walnut case, poplar drawer sides, all dovetail construction including the top and bottom attached to the sides.

At any rate I just found out a couple of days ago about this web site, don't ask me why it took so long for me to find it. I am reading the general posts and enjoying some of the useful information that I am finding there.

Good to meet y'all.
Mac

Attachments

• CIMG0748.jpg
    CIMG0748.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 140
  • CIMG0750B.jpg
    CIMG0750B.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 137

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum Mac. That’s a very nice piece.

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us. I'm currently working on a spice box myself and have referred to the article you mention for guidance. Nice job on yours!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Welcome to the family Mac! Your spice box is amazing, outstanding craftsmanship and crazy beautiful grain patterns--I love it!

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Mac, welcome! Your work is beautiful, we are looking forward to pictures of other works.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Mac,
We are glad you found us - VERY nice piece!
We look forward to your input and projects.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS