New Member in Havelock

wbarnes

Will
Corporate Member
Hi everyone,

I’m not only new to the site, but also fairly new to woodworking. I’ve worked construction in the past and home remodeling projects slowly led to hobby woodworking (mainly cabinets, furniture, and more useful/practical applications).

I hope I can become part of the community and learn some new ideas!

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum! You will like the forum and the people. Do not hesitate to reach out and ask questions. As you begin to immerse yourself you may want to get a couple of lessons. They can be really helpful in getting you aimed the right way. There are some awesome teachers on this site. Just ask. I always recommend taking a plane and chisel sharpening lesson. One day of this will prevent years of frustration.
Enjoy !

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Welcome Will! BTW, we love pictures :cool::cool::cool: The trend here seems to be, if you built it, it really didn't happen unless you share photos! There's a huge wealth of knowledge here. Please don't be afraid to ask. You'll get the full range of answers from right to wrong, you pick! No really, we're a friendly bunch and will happily help a member out of a jamb when needed. Glad to have you on board!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Will,
We are glad you found us and look forward to seeing your journey.
This is an enjoyable and relaxing craft, most times anyway, but the troughs can be buoyed up when we can't be woodworking through talking about it here. I cannot tell you how much smarter I have become by simply being around this crowd of smart people! Many "newbies" are fearful to post "stupid" questions in fear that they will be demeaned online... Frist, the only stupid questions are the ones that go unasked - please post any and all of your questions because if you have them, someone else did or does and you will be helping them out too!

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
Will, sorry for the delay in responding to your post. I've been out of town and travelling, and haven't been following NCWW diligently during that time. Welcome to the group. I'm just down the road from you in Newport. We have a woodworking club here in Carteret County that is just starting back after no meetings for over a year due to COVID. We generally meet in the evening for a couple of hours on the first Thursday of the month. If you're interested, PM me and will be glad to give you more details.

wbarnes

Will
Corporate Member
Will, sorry for the delay in responding to your post. I've been out of town and travelling, and haven't been following NCWW diligently during that time. Welcome to the group. I'm just down the road from you in Newport. We have a woodworking club here in Carteret County that is just starting back after no meetings for over a year due to COVID. We generally meet in the evening for a couple of hours on the first Thursday of the month. If you're interested, PM me and will be glad to give you more details.

Thanks for reaching out, Matt. I’ll contact you when I’m able to PM and hopefully make it out to a meeting soon.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
when I’m able to PM
Progressing from 'new user' status requires a minimum of 5 posts and a 30 days after joining. We had some issues with spammers in the past and had to put this policy into place.

Matt, can you contact Will with the information?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS