New Member in Eden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Parker

New User
Matt
Hey everyone! I moved to Eden from South Florida about a year and a half ago. I've dabbled in designing and building things forever, but didn't really catch the woodworking bug until about 5 years ago.

I got into the craft when my girlfriend asked if we could bring a chicken home from the fair and I couldn't let her down. I spent the next couple weeks making several trips to the big box stores and used borrowed tools to make the heaviest chicken coop known to man. From there I started doing garden projects, planter boxes, benches, etc. and couldn't stay out of the garage. Friends would ask me to make them something, I'd take it on even if I had no idea how to do it, and then spend hours on youtube and google images until I knew how to make it happen.

I'm currently hunting for a niche to hone in on, but there's so much variety in the things I want to learn/experiment with. I'll drop some examples in my gallery and you'll see I'm kinda all over the place right now. Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Matt. You'll find there are many different interests here as well. There is a ton of knowledge and expertise, so ask questions, answer the ones you want to chime in on, and post pics of projects and works-in-progress.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum Matt, keep an eye out for workshops as the New Years come around, it'll give you a chance to experience many things having to do with woodworking

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum Matt, please feel free to ask questions, start discussions and share your projects

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Matt welcome to the NCWW family. Post lots of pictures. We love pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS