New Member in Clayton

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome to our sawdust pile Sean. I’m in Clayton also....out by Archers Lodge. Give me a shout sometime and come on out. Love meeting new members. Love to see you down in Hickory the last Weekend in Oct at Klingspors Extravaganza.

Sean McCurdy

New User
Sean
Welcome to our sawdust pile Sean. I’m in Clayton also....out by Archers Lodge. Give me a shout sometime and come on out. Love meeting new members. Love to see you down in Hickory the last Weekend in Oct at Klingspors Extravaganza.

Unfortunately I'm out of town this coming weekend with a previously scheduled family event, so I'm afraid I can't make it to the Extravaganza. I was planning on going until I saw the date. Hopefully next year instead....

I'm actually out on that end of town as well, over in the North Fort neighborhood.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
Welcome Sean, I also just recently moved to Clayton, but I moved from Knightdale to Clayton so not that far :)

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Welcome Sean! I've assembled & rearranged several of my shops over time. My method of coming up with a layout is to draw the floor plan on paper 1/2" to the foot is a good scale. Then cut out your machines. Best to use something stiff like a file folder. Then you move them around and around till you fine something that suits you. It's a lot easier to push those paper machines than the real machines. Just my 2 cents worth.

Pop
:)

Sean McCurdy

New User
Sean
Welcome Sean! I've assembled & rearranged several of my shops over time. My method of coming up with a layout is to draw the floor plan on paper 1/2" to the foot is a good scale. Then cut out your machines. Best to use something stiff like a file folder. Then you move them around and around till you fine something that suits you. It's a lot easier to push those paper machines than the real machines. Just my 2 cents worth.

Pop
:)

I've done similar in the past. This time I fired up Sketchup and did a quick and dirty 3D model. Probably spent about 2-3 hours total. I have it as a thread over in the Workshop forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS