New member in Cary

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfsburged

New User
Bill
Just dropping in to introduce myself. My name is Bill and I live in Cary. Just getting into the hobby seriously although I have been interested in it for a bit. Bought a house about 3 years ago and finally getting some space set up as a shop and starting to play around. I have a fairly small basement shop so I am trying to maximize what I have. Right now still mostly getting set up; I have a 50's Craftsman table saw with two cast iron extensions I inherited, a router & table, and a few hand tools and drills. Mainly have been doing rough carpentry type stuff (two landing/porch/step projects) and misc. home repairs mostly. Built a play kitchen cabinet as a gift this Christmas, and trying to find smaller projects that won't tie up a ton of time and materials to get more comfortable with the tools and techniques. Current project is setting up dust collection in the shop. I got the Harbor Freight 2HP dust collector for Christmas and have been piping it up and building a Thien baffle. On the lookout for a vintage drill press to match my table saw. Only pic so far:
10947219_10102426568339509_9018809190047967247_n.jpg

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Bill,

Welcome. You have mastered the first technique on the website, posting pictures. We love pictures, keep them coming.

On Thursday Feb 5 at 8:00 pm, we have a new member chat. I hope you will join us.

Steve

W Burton

New User
Bill
Hi Bill,

As another woodworker from Cary named Bill, let me offer you a welcome to this site and this group. Lots of great advice and assistance available here from some really talented and helpful folks.

Glad you found us.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Bill to the NCWW family. There is a good number of NCWW members in Cary.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Hey Bill - welcome.

Maybe you can tell me how to post pics! Just kidding.
Like was said above, you are well on your way here. Join in the fray.

Henry

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to one of the friendliest websites on the planet. Ask questions, give advice when you have it and did somebody mention we like pics (you're off to a good start.) We like works in progress as well as finished projects - sometimes the journey is better than the destination.

Welcome, You might guess from my moniker that I might be from nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS