New Member in Bryson City, far western NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

2sleep

New User
Bob
I am in the process of trying to find a builder to build a 2 car garage that I will use as my shop. Thinking it will be approximately 22' X 30' with insulated garage door, enclosed ceiling with heat and cooling, concrete floor. Does anyone have a good resource to help me in the design phase? :confused:

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
I can not help you with any suggestions, but welcome to NCWW as you could not possibly find a friendlier lot. We will all be looking forward to following along on your shop progress!

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site. Someone will come along and give all the advice you could ever want. This is a good group of people.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome to our sawdust pile Bob. Good luck with your search

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome. We do have other members out your way so hopefully one with chime in soon.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Welcome Bob! Wish I could help, I'm near Hickory. I know most builders are really busy with all the new construction happening in this area, both residential and industrial. Good luck with your project.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Welcome! I have been designing my shop several times over the years. I have a Power Point presentation that I use on shop design, but it's of not much use without any audio (me). There are some great books on shop design. Here are a few I use as reference:
The Small Shop Fine Woodworking
Workshop Idea Book Trunton's Press
Setting Up Shop Trunton's Press
Great Workshops ​Fine Woodworking (My favorite for ideas)
And if you are entertaining any ideas of doing wiring:
Wiring Complete Trunton's Press

Hope this gives you a good starting point. I always start off my shop presentation with this "If you go to various woodworker's shops you're going find a lot of different ways of doing things" wood shops are like your favorite chair you design it for what "you" like and therefor it's "your" shop

Pop
:eek:ccasion1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS