New Member from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheepDog Woodworks

New User
Drew
I was lucky enough to stumble across this site today - what a great 'local' resource. My sincere thanks to those who administer the message board and keep it running.

I served in public safety for ten years, and after being medically retired from duty, focused my attention on my other passion - woodworking - full-time. I operate a small (approx 300 sqft) wood-shop out of my home in Culpeper, VA.

I founded SheepDog Woodworks in February of this year, specializing in custom Cocobolo police batons, plaques, rotary CNC carving/etching, and other custom woodworks from rough cut stock. So far this is a one-man show, and at times it can be challenging to juggle both the administrative and operational aspects of the business (especially when where you really want to be is in the shop making sawdust).

I am a constant student of the craft and still have a lot to learn - which is how I ended up here. Looking forward to contributing what I can.

- Drew

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome neighbor. Well almost. I live 1 mile south of NC/VA border. Glad you found us. Post lots of pictures.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site and I too look forward to seeing some pictures of your work.

Wayne

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to this great site, Drew. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Did anyone mention how much we like pics. :gar-Bi

Bill

SheepDog Woodworks

New User
Drew
I greatly appreciate the warm welcome. I posted a few pics, with more to follow.

I realized that a few were uploaded twice, creating duplicates. Is there any way to edit/delete album pictures after the fact?

Drew

SheepDog Woodworks

New User
Drew
Thanks all - Disregard my request regarding the deletion of duplicate pictures...I finally figured out how to navigate the different editing menus.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Welcome Drew
I am temperately living in Gainesville VA just up the road from you. Right now I am looking for a place in the area to move to. Just started working in Sterling.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Welcome Drew. BTW While we may have started out as a sort of message board, NCWW is more than just a message board now. While you are in VA, we have a lot of members there and in other neighboring states to NC. We try to organize group activites, shop crawls, picnics, wood runs, etc. Hopefully you will be able to participate in these activities.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS