New member from SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Hi All,
I just joined, but have been lurking around here for awhile. My name is Ken, as you can see. I have been seriously addicted to woodworking about 4 years and too many dollars ago. This seems to be a great group of folks to learn from, and hopefully share some of the little knowledge that I have acquired through many mistakes.
Furniture is my favorite time in the shop, followed by turning, well, trying to turn.:crybaby2:
I just graduated from a Ryobi BT3000, which is a fine saw for the money, to a Ridgid TS3650. The Ridgid and I are finally becoming friends, with a couple of differences that we still have to iron out!:BangHead:
I am down the road in Liberty, SC, not but about 30 minutes from the NC line, so do I still need a Green Card to participate? ;D
Be safe and have fun. In that order.
ken

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Ken MassingaleI am down the road in Liberty said:
Na, just a work visa:lol: I think the green card takes 2 years. But the backgound check requires you to posts pictures of your work and/or shop:)

Welcome, we're glad to have your here!

R

rickc

Ken Massingale said:
I just graduated from a Ryobi BT3000, which is a fine saw for the money, to a Ridgid TS3650. The Ridgid and I are finally becoming friends, with a couple of differences that we still have to iron out!

Welcome! I too followed the same progression you did with the TS. My BT3000 is in storage right now, but will eventually go to another shop I plan on building in a few years at some vacation property. I like the features of the BT3000, but found it a little underpowered for some jobs, and the lack of the miter slots was sometimes a consideration when I saw some of the cool jigs people made for the other saws. I really enjoy the Rigid, and it has been a great saw for me. Heavy son of a gun though, as I had to unload it and move it myself. Got a kick out of the "two boxes" they said it came in. Ha! The one nearly gave me a hernia SLIDING it. 'Nuff rambling - again welcome.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Welcome aboard Ken, We would love to see some of the projects you have completed so go ahead and follow Steve's advice for completing the background check.:lol:

D L

Monty

New User
Monty
Looks like we're going to have to set up a border patrol... :roll:

:lol: Greetings from a recovering South Carolinian! Glad to have you, and looking forward to your contributions!

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Welcome, Ken! My wife's originally from SC, so I guess I can't hold that against you...
Just hope that nobody starts one of those "Minutemen" groups here!

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site Ken. I am looking forward to seeing some pictures of your work. There are a lot of nice people here, I'm sure we will learn loads from each other.

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome Ken. We spend a large amount of time in Anderson. Fortunately our permanent and favorite residence is in dear old NC so we didn't need passports, but did post pictures in the gallery. We'd love to see your furniture.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Welcome to the group. We moved to NC from Greer a couple years ago. At that time it was a requirement to be part of the group :lol: . Can't wait to see some of your work.

Steve D

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Damn foreigners always hopping the border. Don't worry we welcome all kinds, especially those who are woodworkers. Welcome to the forum, it's good to have you here, and I look forward to your input. Dave:)

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Thanks for the nice welcome, guys. (I think):eusa_thin

I've posted some items in the Gallery, hopefully that will earn me at least a 3 month work visa. ;D
Seriously, the warm welcome is appreciated.
ken

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Nice work, I'm sure the temporary visa is already in the mail. I'm sure that you'll have much to contribute that we can learn from.

sapwood

New User
Roger
I grew up 9 miles from the SC line, yet we still speak differently:oops:

SC was y'all
NC was youins'

Heading to check out your gallery and remember, SC was originally part of NC:!:

Sapwood

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
Hello Ken

My wife and I live in Forest City, NC, but for the past 2-1/2yrs have been living in Anderson, SC during the week and going home on week end. I to graduated from a bt3000 to a rigid ts what a great move. Well guess we are only 20 miles apart during the week.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
stoneskippers said:
Hello Ken

My wife and I live in Forest City, NC, but for the past 2-1/2yrs have been living in Anderson, SC during the week and going home on week end. I to graduated from a bt3000 to a rigid ts what a great move. Well guess we are only 20 miles apart during the week.

Hey John,
Well, we're actually closer than that. We live in Anderson County, just have a Liberty address. Sounds like you work in/around Anderson.
ken

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
Ken we live on Hurricane road off Liberty Highway. I did the electrical at the GNC plant on Liberty Hwy, new addition to Anmed on 81 and currently the Southeastern Walgreen Dist. Center on Highveiw rd.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard. No green card needed in here . Show us some of your work.:)

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
stoneskippers said:
Ken we live on Hurricane road off Liberty Highway. I did the electrical at the GNC plant on Liberty Hwy, new addition to Anmed on 81 and currently the Southeastern Walgreen Dist. Center on Highveiw rd.

We are pretty close, John. Our place is just past the Hwy. 88 intersection on 178.

ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors