New member from Oriental area

ljones

New User
Larry
I am an aging lifelong woodworker and boat restorer and builder, retired and living in coastal NC. I have a 20’ x 40’ woodworking shop with radial, band, and table saw, planer, jointer, router table, lathe and drill presses. Also have a 1940s era 10ER Shopsmith and still have all my fingers after using it for over 40 years. I am a member of a woodworker group based in Oriental— it includes some master woodworkers, several boatbuilders, and a few artists. For several years I have read the forums on ncwoodworker and learned a lot.

ljones

New User
Larry
BTW I also collect antique woodworking and machinist’s tools. My 50 year collection includes drill presses, saws, planes, boxwood rulers, drills, levels and much more. My wife and I have a booth at the Franklin Antique Mall in New Bern, NC where we sell antique tools, scientific and nautical instruments, and much more.
533122F9-F827-466B-97DD-A049C3FB792F.jpeg

ljones

New User
Larry
This is one of the smoothest working, best administered websites and forums that I have ever encountered. Looking forward to getting to know you folks and learning some new skills.

ljones

New User
Larry
Are there any (smoking ) pipe makers active in this group? I am just learning how to make pipes and need all of the advice that I can get! Also looking for a source for high quality Mediterranean briar.

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Larry,

Welcome. Thanks for becoming an active member. While I have not seen her post on here in some time, Milissa Dewey (Flootsie) had turned some pipes. You might be able to contact her through their website www.chessspy.com

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Larry - REALLY glad you appreciate the site as much as I do... and I am pretty sure I am a past customer of yours at the Franklin Antique Mall!

Yelverton

Mitch
Corporate Member
Welcome, Larry - we have a place in Merrimon right across the river from Oriental. I've been spending time in that area since my summers at Don Lee, so it's great to have you on board.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome to our sawdust pile Larry. Looks like a great collection you have there.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Welcome Larry. I haven't been in the mall since the flood, but will soon now you've reminded me. I also invite you to join our little lunch group tomorrow.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS