New Member from Kernersville

HeyDawson

New User
Chris
What’s going on everyone. My name is Chris and I’m a new member. I’ve just been lurking around the forums the past couple of weeks. My day(night) job is as a CWI for a steel bridge fabricator. I have grown up around construction and wanted to turn those carpentry skills into woodworking. I’m sure I’ll be posting a good bit for some advice, as I have list of projects I want to complete in the near future. Thanks for having me, and I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Ask questions - of any type. There is a wealth of experience here, ready to be shared. The more detail you can provide in your question, the more helpful and better the answers will be - design questions, process questions, tool questions, finishing quetions, cost questions, supplier questions, ...and on and on.
You got questions - we got opinions - and hopefully answers!

Hint - Photos can help use visualize what you might be describing.

Welcome aboard!

HeyDawson

New User
Chris
Thanks for the welcome, once I finish my mitersaw station I building out of scraps I obtained, I’ll have a few questions regarding making a bed for my son. I’ll have more on that when I’m ready though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Welcome Chris This is a great place ....... being a fellow const guy........ well wood working tolerances are a bit tighter than a bridge

....... :p

Ed Fasano

Ed
Senior User
Welcome. I too am in Kernersville, near Fourth of July Park and Deere-Hitachi. . I had no idea that K'ville reached into Davidson County. Lot's of smart, experienced folks in this org. Very helpful!

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum Chris. I suspect we had a common ex-employer. The switch from steel to wood is very satisfying. I hope you'll find this group as helpful as I have. Please join us for lunch and BS on Tuesday , at the Farmers Market. We meet on the third Tuesday each Month at the Moose Cafe.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Hi Chris, welcome to NCWW. You will find we are a friendly gang and someone always has an answer to questions posed. Please be aware of our Outreach program, a grand way to meet other NCWW members. Here are our current upcoming Outreach events:

9/6 – Klingspor - Cary
9/24 - Stokes Stomp
10/5 - Kingfest
10/25-26 – Klingspor Extravaganza
12/6 – Klingspor – W-Salem

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS