New member - dave_the _woodworker

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave_the_woodworker

New User
Update your profile with your name
Hi all,

My name is Dave (but I suspect you could have figured that out from my user name) and I live in Greensboro. I've been working wood, on and off, since I was a kid. I found this site by accident and was impressed by it's professional appearance. Congrats to the webmaster(s)! I think it's great to have a forum for local woodworkers. I got a kick from the comments of some of the other new members. Like them, I've been asked more times than I can count about "what furniture have you made with all that equipment?" Unfortunately, what I've spent most of my time on is building the shop itself! This is my fourth generation shop, and the bigger they get, the more time it takes to build all of the shelves, benches, cabinets, drawers, etc. to hold all the "really great tools" that I just had to have (not to mention the incredibly complicated and expensive dust collection systems). At least, that's what I tell my wife. I can't believe how patient she is...

I'm very interested in 18th and early 19th century American furniture - Queen Anne, Chippendale, Federal, etc. I haven't done many pieces yet but I hope to finally make some progress since I was able to retire a few years ago. I'd be interested in hearing from others with similar interests.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Welcome Dave:icon_thum glad to have you here. I'll accept the congrats for all the webmasters:lol:

I'm still working on my shop:BangHead:

Monty

New User
Monty
um... Steve? You have a ... shop?!?!? :p

Oh, and Dave: welcome! If you finally figure out how to "finish" your shop, please clue me in!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Dave, great name by the way, we won't be confused because you are Dave the woodworker, and well, I'm something else... Your furniture styling interests are awesome, the detail in pieces like that is unbelievable. I look forward to "seeing" you around here and hope to learn from you. Dave(the other one):)

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome Dave.Let us know if you figure out how to "finish" your shop. Hope to meet up sometime:saw:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors