New Member Chat: Decision point.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Well, given the unexpected success, we average 25 people with ~5 new members cycling through the thursday chats, I'd like to see what the Board and Staff think about making it "sanctioned".

To date, a few names might now look familiar. Subguy, MarkE, Margy and Flyingron have become very active after joining in on the chats.

Here are the steps I see needed to "make it real".

Find or upgrade chat tool. What we have is painful, and I'm being kind :eusa_doh:

Update the new user welcome to North Carolina Woodworker email to include info on the chat.

Create an automated PM sent to all new registrations for the, lets say, past 30 days. Send on Monday, inviting them to Thursday's chat. We do this now, but its manual and rather labor intensive.

Formalize the Topic of the Night. Come up with a rotation of topics as well.

Explore "Guest Speakers". We have a short list of "famous" members who are considered experts. Maybe expand it to include more nationally known woodworkers of notoriety. This mirrors what they do on Woodnet.

"Reach out to inactive members". There has been talk about formerly active members who might "come back" if we reached out to them.

So, I throw it out for comment. Is this something you would like to see become "official"?

Jim

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I'm all for it. The more avenues we have to reach people the better. We have the forums, shop crawl, lumber runs, Klingspor Extravaganza etc., now the weekly chats. We definitely need better chat software, what we have looks like something from the dial up days.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I know I'm just a Moderator here, but do you guys know any experts on dust collection you could ask? :eek: :eek:

b4man

New User
Barbara
Jim, everything you mentioned would be great. It's up to you how much effort you are willing to put into it. I haven't attended a session yet but I'm thrilled it's such a success.
I would love to see some of our absentee members reup.

me

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I'm going to have to agree with the idea of reaching out to inactive members. I had fallen off the face of the earth... was gone a long time... Doug send me a couple of emails asking if I'd like to come back. And... I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS