New Member - Brandon Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Hello Everyone,

I grew up in Huntersville and have lived there my entire life. I a currently work as a structural engineer and have been out of college just over a year. I find that a lot of the time I am better working with my hands. This only reinforces my love for woodworking. I continue to learn more everyday, and have never quite had the right tools for the job. I am not getting to a point where I can afford to buy better tools and want to learn more about woodworking. Eventually I would like to open up a cabinet shop, and make woodworking a full time proffesion. If anyone would like to meet up or teach me some tricks of the trade I would greatly appreciate it, and even give you some free help. I also take care of all our IT and technical needs at work from network admin, to website hosting and everything. If you guys ever needed help we could barter services for instruction or something like that. I look foward to learning more stuff from you guys.

Monty

New User
Monty
Welcome . . . aboard!

;-)

Just curious, what got you interested in woodworking?

When you buy some of those "better tools" be sure to post them here so we can all salivate!

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
I guess seeing a couple things that my dad built over the years sparked my interest in wood working. It all started though when I wanted a fishing rod holder and didn't like the ones in the stores. I wanted it to look like a piece of furniture. So with a radial arm saw, jigsaw, and a router I started my project. Ever since that point I guess I have been addicted. It would be an awesome dream to have a home full of handcrafted items.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Brandon,

Glad to have you onboard! Apparently the Charlotte contingency is growing rapidly and it's always good to have another native :bcool:

Sapwood

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome, I too understand how the addiction can start. Although you may be rather far away, my door is always open if you want to drop by. I don't know if I could show you much, other than how not to do things, but that is always good to learn. I look forward to your input, and maybe you can help Steve out with some of this computer stuff. Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS