New Marquetry Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Thanks all for the kind comments:

Greg-I'd love to do another Charlotte Area get together and would be happy to do a demo, unfortunately I can't commit to planning an event at this time. If you want to put something together at Ricks or someplace else just let me know and we can work something out.

Dennis- I'm certainly still on the student side. I;m making progress but still have alot to learn. Now, if you want a lesson in how to do it wrong-I'm your man:wink_smil

Matt F - The maple leaf is made with dyed red anigre and the black is dyed pearwood. Paduak would probably have worked but does not cut all that well in veneer form (very brittle) Also, as an FYI Dyed Koto also does not cut very well, it's very hard to get the small edges. Dyed Poplar, pearwood, and anigre seem to be the best for hand cutting.

Matt Z- Your right the pictures do look good-Thanks for helping figure out a quick and easy way to improve my photography skills, and thanks for all the info along the way!

bwat

New User
Bill
Awesome work as usual. Impressive design showcases your ability to excel at every challenge. I can't wait to see where your journey takes you.

MagGeorge

New User
George
A very fine looking table! Beautiful shape and design of the top, great carving and marquetry skills. The color combo is appealing. Great showcase of talent and skills. Impressive work!

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
You are a true craftsman, what I aspire to be some day. Absolutely beautiful work. I am constantly awed and humbled by the talented people on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors