new laminate kitchen floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebarr

New User
Wayne
So LOML wanted a new kitchen floor, we looked at Tile and also DuraCeramic, before she found a laminate floor she liked that came in 15x15 tiles. This stuff has a coating on it that makes it look like tile. It has a lifetime residential warranty and was easier to install than tile. Took me a few days but here are the results.

showphoto.php
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0251.jpg
[/IMG]

IMAG0261.jpg
[/IMG]

showphoto.php
[/URL][/IMG]

last pic lets you see the texture of the tile.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Well done Wayne.

A few questions? How did install go with 15x15 tiles? I have heard that larger tile pieces make it more difficult unless floor is very flat. Do these laminate pieces might have some give or flex to them?
Since we eventually will redo our kitchen, but budget is a serious constraint... where did you find this product?
Please let us know how you like the durability.

Henry

ebarr

New User
Wayne
Henry,

The install was not that bad..the long and tedious part was cutting around all the parts of our kitchen and fitting around 6 door frames in our kitchen/laundry room area. But all and all it was pretty good. Compared to the living room which I installed last year it was a lot quicker(that was laminate prefinished hardwood floor, small 3" pieces) Not sure were we first saw this product but it's made by Quick Step. Them must be pretty big overseas because a lot of the videos and information I found was from Europe.

No flex at all in these pieces. They are 8mm HDF board with some sort of VERY hard coating to give them the stone appearance.

I will let you know how the wear is, but with a lifetime warranty on them, I hope they last awhile.

FYI, they were $3.17 a SF. Tile would have been at least that much in material and three times as long to install, given I have never laid tile before

T

toolferone

Nice job Wayne! It really looks like tile. And the best part is the boss is happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS