New Kitchen Cabinets Started (New Pics 01/09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeman45

Steve
Senior User
The wife asked for new cabinets and counter tops for X-mas!! My first thought was new tools to help me along and she agreed!! :banana:I bought the new Dewalt 718 and finished getting my shop set up like I wanted it!!

The cabinets are birch plywood with Cherry face frames. She wanted the look of furniture so I installed the legs on the front... Will post more as I progress.

All the carcasses are built
101_1920.JPG

View image in gallery

Got started on the face frames last night

bwat

New User
Bill
Re: New Kitchen Cabinets Started

Looks like a great start. I'm looking forward to following your progress.:icon_thum

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member

The legs are a really nice detail. Good progress too!

bobby g

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member

WOW that's a fair number of cabinets to build!

Looks to me that you have everything well under control and looking good. Face frames and the feet really make the cabinet. Well done!

Looking forward to seeing more progress pictures.

Wayne

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

Lookin good, Steve. :icon_thum Are you using 3/4 or 1/2" ply for the carcasses? I can't quite tell from the pics.

Bill

T

toolferone

Looking great! Looking forward to seeing them done and installed, as I am sure you are :icon_cheers.

blazeman45

Steve
Senior User
Re: New Kitchen Cabinets Started (New Pics 12/28)

Got the face frames finished up and have now started the doors and drawers. Drawers are 5/8" maple with dove tails.

This drawer will have a sliding cutlery tray - that is what the notch on the right side is for..

All the drawers cut and ready for the dovetails.

Just came home for the Hardwood Store!! This is the cherry I bought for the doors. (Left over piece of maple from drawers)

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Re: New Kitchen Cabinets Started (New Pics 12/28)

The cabinets are looking great, Steve. But they sure do take up a lot of space in the shop, don't they. I know you'll be glad to get them installed. :eusa_danc

Bill

blazeman45

Steve
Senior User
After being out of town for the week.. I was able to get back in the shop this weekend. I was able to get the drawers finished and also applied the first two coats of Waterlox on the face frames... It ended up blotching in a few spots:BangHead: but not too bad!!
DSCN00611.JPG

View image in gallery

This is a special request from the LOML after she saw this at the BORG!! The cutlery tray will slide back after the drawer is opened.

Pullout tray for the sink base

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I've just been mulling over the dreaded kitchen project, but your work, progress, and pictures inspire me. I don't quite have the in-shop storage space you have (read 1-2 boxes max), but have basement with space just 15-20' away.

Have you done all this without tearing out the old? Are there any layout changes?

Looking forward to seeing the door progress.

Henry

blazeman45

Steve
Senior User
They look good Steve. What will the style of the doors be?

bobby g

Going with shaker style doors with angled inset. Just bought a new Freud bit today :eusa_dancand started cutting the end panels for the open ends.

I've just been mulling over the dreaded kitchen project, but your work, progress, and pictures inspire me. I don't quite have the in-shop storage space you have (read 1-2 boxes max), but have basement with space just 15-20' away.

Have you done all this without tearing out the old? Are there any layout changes?

Looking forward to seeing the door progress.

Henry

Yea I have built them without touching the kitchen (I don't need the LOML after me :rotflm:) This allows me to take my time and not be in a huge hurry. There are some design changes which I will post when I start the install. The sink base is going to project out, added a cabinet over the sink which also projects out and up. The wife wanted an elevation change instead of just a flat line across the top. Also adding a panel divider between the refrigerator.

Thanks for all the compliments!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS