New-ish member in Rural Hall

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I joined the forum back in November, but never introduced myself. My name is Matt, and I live outside of Winston-Salem in Rural Hall. I've known about the forum for several years, but I finally decided to join after speaking to Graywolf at last year's Extravaganza in Hickory. I'm interested mainly in hand tool woodworking, though I wouldn't scoff at a nice bandsaw. I've been a member of the Mid-West Tool Collectors Association since 2017, which helps to reinforce my hand tool habit.

So far I've had nothing but positive interactions with the members of this forum, both online and off, and I look forward to having many more.

(Good timing by posting this before a site migration, right?)

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Matt, I'm glad that you're here. Enjoyed meeting you in Hickory, and enjoyed having lunch with you the other day. Here's hoping for many more conversations and maybe we can get together and make some shavings. Welcome aboard!

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Matt, welcome to the Grand Sawdust Site. We would very much like you to consider participating in our upcoming Outreach Events. They are much fun and you would have the opportunity to meet other members.

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
Welcome Matt and I too am now in Rural Hall. I am also working on my hand tool capabilities while we plan out our new house & shop build.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS