New in Wilmington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codyolvera

New User
Cody
Hey there, fellow wood enthusiasts. I'm Cody, and I'm a self-taught woodcarver. Since I was a kid, growing up in Carthage, NC, I always loved the woods. Something about trees just provoked a calming bit of life in a world so chaotic. I'm looking to expand my knowledge on all things wood, and am looking for older cats to share some wisdom and maybe some work. My dream is to be a part of the "old school" crowd, and find a master to apprentice under. Give me a shout, brothers and sisters of the art.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Cody. You have come to the right web site. As for finding a master woodworker, there are some on here that have something for you or may guide you.

Rushton

Rush
Senior User
Welcome, Cody. I'm fairly new here myself but I've received a warm welcome and lots of helpful answers to my questions. Hope you will jump right in!

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Welcome Cody, what type of woodcarving are you into? Have you discovered Tools Plus on Park Avenue? It's my favorite place to go when I'm down that way.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Welcome to our friendly saw dust pile Cody. Lots of helpful knowledge and lots of helpful folks here. Jump right in and have fun with the rest of us!

Codyolvera

New User
Cody
Thanks, gents. I make Japanese wooden weaponry for dojos (jo, bo, bokken, tanto), but my latest interest is spoon and pipe carving. I like anything wood, just the smell alone when sanding a nice block is paradise for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS