New in Hillsborough

cpaul

New User
Chris
Hi Folks,
My name is Chris Paul and I haven't been able to put a car in my garage since I was in my twenties (so a few decades now). Instead, my garage has been packed with woodworking and blacksmithing tools, and once upon a time, telescope making equipment. These days I'm mostly interested in bladesmithing (most of the equipment I use I built myself, including a gas forge, heat treat oven, and 2 x 72 belt grinder). That said, I still enjoy furniture projects like the king size bed frame I built last year (walnut, with live edge headboard) along with matching bedside tables.
I spend too much time watching people create things on youtube, and I struggle with shop organization. Perhaps a member or two on this forum can help me get on the right track?
Cheers!

cpaul

New User
Chris
Thanks gentlemen. Mike, I'm not 100% sure about this yet, but I'm thinking about posting pics of the current state of my shop. It'll likely make you feel way better about yours!

cpaul

New User
Chris
Some past projects ...
Kitchen table from quarter sawn oak (hard to capture chatoyance with a camera):
1620149006672.png

1620149130504.png

Walnut bedframe with slab headboard ...
1620149254695.png

1620149333550.png

Endgrain cutting board with leopardwood spoon:
1620149439898.png

Couple of my knives:
1620149532213.png

1620149651264.png

Mrfixit71

Board of Directors, Treasurer
Rich
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome. There are several members in the Mebane/Hillsborough area.

Prior to Covid we were just starting to organize shop crawls, where a group would visit 4-6 member shops in a geographic area on a Saturday. A great way to get ideas but right now we don't have any planned.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Come visit my shop and you'll feel much better about your organizational skills Chris. I really admire your work, and I want to welcome you to the family!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS