New in Charlotte

tdotrob

New User
T.Rob
Hi , all! I'm a hobbyist woodworker in the early learning stage. Over the years I've made some utility items such a a desk, a garage shelving unit, washer/dryer risers, etc. but now I'm aspiring to make things more appropriate to the living areas of the house. Everyone in the family who cooks now has an end grain cutting board. Sister in-law put hers on display but all the others are used regularly. Also doing small lathe work - bowls, pens, boxes, etc.

I joined to try to find homes for a couple vintage power tools and after interacting and reading through the threads decided to stick around. Looking forward to learning from the community.

Here's a few recent things I've made.

Here's a kitty condo. The cats are gracious enough to let us use it as a shoe bench, too.
2021-04-07_12-02-32.png

Cedar pencil box.
2021-01-09_21-47-40.png

Rosewood bowl
2021-04-08_00-21-46.png

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome @tdotrob
We are glad you found us and even happier you plan to stick around!
I tell everyone you get out of NCWW what you put in - if you have questions you WILL get answers and if you have experienced the pain someone else is describing, please empathize with them or offer your solution so they don't have to go through what you have.

I have found this to be the best woodworking community on the net and it gets better and better with new members like you!

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
What Hmerkle said +++ What part of Charlotte are you in? I'm near South End.
Bill Golden 704-519-6826

Pop

tdotrob

New User
T.Rob
Thanks, everyone!

What part of Charlotte are you in?
I'm in University area. Still observing lockdown though so geography is less of a factor these days.

Welcome to our sawdust pile.

Thanks! What's the protocol for a community sawduct pile? Do we leap into it like fall leaves?

On a related note - last year I performed an archeological study of the sawdust pile inside my table saw. This is the result:

2020-11-26_21-38-48.jpg

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Wow, I am still in the Mezzo-exotic era ......... expecting to remain here for the near future with an occasional
Neo-lithic Maple, Oak influence

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wow, I am still in the Mezzo-exotic era ......... expecting to remain here for the near future with an occasional
Huh! and I thought you and I were in the Homo_habilis...
).

tdotrob

New User
T.Rob
Ya know Hank, I went to the link, saw that right at the top, and still didn't get it until you pointed it out. I realize it's not as funny when you have to explain it but...good one!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS