New Hitach miter saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

New User
Ryan Sellers
Has anyone seen the new Hitachi 12" sliding miter saw? They say the rails don't stick out of the back like the ones on all the other saws. I looked it over very quickly at Lowes the other day, but somebody mounted it in a position where you couldn't test the slide mechanism out. It also has a laser and digital readout for the miter/bevel angles.

Ryan

New User
Ryan Sellers
Here is a picture of Hitachi.com.

Attachments

• hitachi saw2.GIF
    hitachi saw2.GIF
    12.9 KB · Views: 220

Phillip

New User
Phillip Fuentes
ryan, did you ever get your miter saw? i saw a review of the new compound miter saw (not sliding) on tv a couple of days ago. do you know if the positive settings are adjustable in case the saw takes a hard knock? i'm using an older 10" hitachi at my new job (architectural millwork) and so far it works well, but the factory settings are off. the nicest saw i've used was a 10" milwaukee sliding saw.

phillip

Ryan

New User
Ryan Sellers
I wish I had this saw! I was just sorta looking at it because I've been considering a SCMS for some time now. Right now I've got a DeWalt 10" compound miter saw, which in my opinion is the best saw made. It has a fully adjustable steel detent plate. I'm interested to see what the new DeWalt 12" SCMS looks like. I didn't think anything could beat their current 12" slider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors