New here - Just wanted to say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
James,
Welcome to the site. You will find a lot of useful information and friendly people here. I look forward to seeing you around and also seeing some of your work.

gsdoby

New User
Gary
Welcome to the group. Do you have a particular type of woodworking that you specialize in or just a little bit of everything.

jimwill48

James
Hi, Steve & Gary,
Right now I'm trying to re-learn old skills. I've been away from woodworking for 20 years. I also do metal working and I just bought a house with a 27x27x12 attached two car garage that I'm turning into my combo shop (woodworking/metalworking/reloading) and getting tools set-up. So far the only things built have been some workbenchs and a couple of honey-do projects (a couple of squirrel feeders and birdhouses). I'm getting ready to start a DVD shelving system and still need several more benchs. So have a few projects to do. The biggist thing I've found since coming back to woodworking is the incredible high cost of wood and lack of quality of the sheet goods I'm finding.

James

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
James, welcome aboard. I moved your post here to the "Who We Are" forum so other members can find it more easily. I am glad you elected to join us here. I think you will find your time spent on this site both enjoyable and informative. Feel free to jump into the middle of any of the threads to toss out your two cents or ask any questions you like.

D L

b4man

New User
Barbara
Welcome! I'm in Cornelius part time. Looking forward to knowing more about your intrests.
Barbara

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
jimwill48 said:
Hi, Steve & Gary,
Right now I'm trying to re-learn old skills. I've been away from woodworking for 20 years. I also do metal working and I just bought a house with a 27x27x12 attached two car garage that I'm turning into my combo shop (woodworking/metalworking/reloading) and getting tools set-up. So far the only things built have been some workbenchs and a couple of honey-do projects (a couple of squirrel feeders and birdhouses). I'm getting ready to start a DVD shelving system and still need several more benchs. So have a few projects to do. The biggist thing I've found since coming back to woodworking is the incredible high cost of wood and lack of quality of the sheet goods I'm finding.

James

James.......reloading, squirrel feeders and birdhouses.....now that sounds like an interesting combination.:icon_thum Again, welcome to the site.

:rolf:
D L

Last edited:
M

McRabbet

Hi James, Welcome to the forum and good luck on setting up that garage shop. You'll get plenty of good information from the great folks here -- lots of experience and talent and willingness to share. But you'll also learn that if you don't post pictures of a project, it didn't happen! So be sure to click on the "Other Links" choice on the main menu bar and request a photo gallery to share your shop, your birdhouses and even a spent cartridge or two!

Rob

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to the site! Glad to have you on board. I'm sure you'll find us to be a friendly and helpful group. Feel free to jump in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS