New here and new to Hickory, NC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-Ball

Hey all,

Grew up in Denver, CO... moved with my family to San Diego half way through my senior year of high school... and moved to Hickory last April.

We bought a house with a basement and I am in the process of finishing out a shop for my motorcycle and woodworking. I had a shop that consumed half of my garage back in SD so this will be a very welcome change.

I'm trying to learn sources of wood, hardware, finishing stuff, etc... so this site works into my evil plans quite nicely.

A guy from Sawmill Creek recommended this site to me but when I went over to get his name, that forum is closed for improvements today. I apologize to him and thank him at the same time.

So far I've found Klingspor... a very nice shop, Catawba Building supplies which seems to have high prices, and Catawba Hardwoods which I haven't had a chance to get over to yet.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you folks and cussing/discussing all things wood.

Thanks for having me,
Mike

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site and the area! Hope the change is a good one. In addition to the stores in Hickory you mentioned, check out Kyle a little south of you in Iron Station/Lincolnton http://www.sawmillnc.com/ and Rick in Mooresville at Woodworking Source (advertisement along the righthand side off this page). You'll like what you find with them. Great personal service, selection and prices.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site Mike. There are several members in the general Hickory area, and even more as you move west toward Asheville. Keep an eye on this forum and you'll probably find an opportunity to get together w/ some of them.

Bill

leftoflefty

New User
Ricky
Hey there Mike. Welcome to the site. I'm right down the road in Conover. I frequent Klingspor's whenever I get a paycheck.:gar-Bi Everyone has great things to say about The Woodworking Source, but I personally haven't been able to check it out yet. Welcome to the area.:thumbs_up

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Howdy there and welcome to a great group of folks.These folks are also enablers for tools and wood,watchem.
Tony

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Mike!

Kick back and have fun and just soak up the knowledge that is spread around here on a daily/hourly basis!:wsmile:

Wayne

8-Ball

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome...!!!

Left... lets get together man... ****, we're practically breathing the same air...

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Hi Mike. I think that I'm the guy that referred you...

Glad that you joined NCWW and I hope that your shop is progressing well. On a separate topic.... what type of bike do you have?

Regards,

Scott

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
Mike,

Welcome to the forums! Great to have you here! I'm a little to the west of you, but if there's any way I can help out, just let me know.

Catawba Hardwoods is a good supplier - Not sure if they sell to the public or not - I guess we'll fin out real fast!

Another place you need to check out is The Woodworking Source, in Mooresville. I just picked up some Quartersawn Sycamore from there that is insane! Great figure. And if you need moulding, they've got it!

Best,
Gregory

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Welcome to the saawdust pile. Another source is Ashville hardware. I am up in the mtns (Spruce Pine ) but I do come your way a lot to see the big city lights:rotflm:

Thanks Mark

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Mike. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap You've found a wonderful group of folks. It's great that you could join us. Looking forward to seeing the WIP pics of your new shop. :icon_thum

CoolHandLuke

New User
Dave
Hey there, good to have you. I spend most of my weekends in hickory, and most of my dollars in that dang klingspor shop!

8-Ball

Thanks everyone... if you don't stop, I'm gonna feel welcome or somethin'...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS