New: Hand tool and Carving classes taught by award winning teachers

bbrown

Bill
User
I'm starting classes this Spring at my shop in the seaside village of Camden, Maine, "the Jewel of the Maine Coast".
I split my time between Albemarle, NC and Camden, ME.

Here's the site: www.MaineCoastWorkshop.com
There will be an emphasis on all aspects of hand tool work: tuning, fettling, sharpening, and using the tools to make a nice project

Teachers will include some Society of Period Furniture Makers (SAPFM) Cartouche Award winners:
  • Alf Sharp will teach "Carving the element of Chippendale highboy"
  • Ray Journigan will teach 3 classes: a one-day sharpening, a 5 day class making a period sconce with lots of carving detail, and a 6 day on making a John Elliot style Philadelphia Chippendale foot stool.
  • Alexander Grabovetskiy, one of the finest carvers in the world, will teach 2 classical carving classes.
  • Graham Blackburn will teach making a traditional chest with hand tools
  • Matt Kenny will teach 'making a Tea Cabinet'
  • Peter McKenna who directs the Nautical Workshop in MA will conduct a class on letter carving and gold leafing - you'll leave his 4 day class with your own house sign or quarterboard.
We'll have discount lodging for students, free lunch, and a great time.....http://www.MaineCoastWorkshop.com/
Check Frontier Airlines for $30-50 flights to Portland, ME. It's a wonderful place to bring the family for a vacation. The class website has a lot of info on the area.

Thanks for checking it out!

--Bill

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS