New guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobN

New User
Bob
Hi, my name is Bob and I'm a woodworker. I'm 62 years old and retired, but I'm looking for a part time job to give me a little extra spending money. I have been woodworking for as long as I can remember, when I was a kid I would borrow my Dad's tools and try to make things out of wood. My oldest son is 34 and I have made every bed that he has slept in at home and at his apartment. So I guess I have been at it for awhile.

I have sold a few pieces, but not enough to call it a business. Maybe a dozen pieces over the last 10 years. Sure can't make a living that way. My shop is small but I like it, maybe someday I'll build a larger one. Been saying that for 20 years now.

I live in Cary and my other hobby is cars from the 50's and 60's. Any one from the Cary area or Apex that would like to get together for a cup of coffee or for lunch drop me a note. Always fun to meet other woodworkers.

Below is a link to some of the things I have made.

http://community.webshots.com/album/496130469SwlEpO

Bob

DavidF

New User
David
Oh God, another member with talent to make us look bad:lol::eusa_clap Nice stuff Bob, did you do the design as well?

Welcome, you'll have a good time with these guys.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Hey Bob, glad you stopped by. There are several of us in your immediate area. I'm in Holly Springs, I believe we got a few from Apex, Cary. Check out the map of Where we are. You can find that post here.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Hey Bob! Welcome! I'm in Cary as well. I'd like to echo DavidF's comments about making those of us in the shallow end of the talent pool looking bad! The dresser is gorgeous!

I like the Camaro too, glad to see another bow-tie guy here! Here are some pics to inspire your restoration:
pic 1
pic 2
It's my friend Larry's. You could eat off of the bottom of that car! He's running mid 9's on a 455ci, bored/stroked small block, with 2-4bbls, natural induction and no bottle!

Bill Julson

New User
Update your profile with your name
Welcome Bob - Glad to have you aboard. I am new also, having just come out of the closet, but have found a new home with everyone here. I echo Chris about "another one with talent" sentiment, but I hope to learn from the group and I want to learn from the BEST! I am at the bottom of those with talent so that is why this site is great for me. Take a look at the Gallery of work and these guys & ladies are really artists. Pure, unadulterated jealousy on my part, fer sure but a definate inspiration to improve my skills. The way I look at it, the more talent our group has, the more it will help me. I am just thankful they allowed me to join.:)

Again, welcome to the group!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Welcome Bill, I am also retired, live in Apex and drink a lot of coffee. Let's do it.

You'll enjoy the group, even if there are a lot of children here (anyone under 50):lol:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Greetings Bob,

Sure glad you decided to join us.:)

You're gallery is despairing--uh, I mean inspiring for me :oops:

I think I need to deny access to my gallery as Steve sometimes does.

Clearly you have a lot to share and we can't wait :mrgreen:

Why Not?
Sapwood

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Welcome, great stuff. I'd type more but Steve limits the access for us children.

Steve D

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
Hey and welcome to the board. :saw: We are always glad to hear from new folks and maybe some of us are still capable of learning a trick or two. Heck DaveO, I and a few other folks are looking to get ride of the whole "mistake making" talent.

SteveColes said:
You'll enjoy the group, even if there are a lot of children here (anyone under 50):lol:
It sounds like Steve just declared war :bbadgrin:, are you ready to rumble:bevil1: ? I think us kids could take him :p.

DavidF

New User
David
We'll be getting the old "when I was your age, we would ride 40 miles to work, up hill, both ways" "you could buy a good pair 'o boots for a shilling and still have change....."

chris99z71

New User
Chris
DavidF said:
We'll be getting the old "when I was your age, we would ride 40 miles to work, up hill, both ways" "you could buy a good pair 'o boots for a shilling and still have change....."

Ride? What, on a dinasaur? :lol:
Surely you walked!

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Steve D said:
You should type louder so they can hear properly. :lol: :lol:
lol.gif

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome, beautiful work, we are honored to have you in our ranks. I ain't even gonna join the aged bashing. Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS