New guy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey1

New User
Jesse
Well to start off with this is a great site. Its excellent to goto a website and not see that it is filled with egos.

I first moved to NC in 2000 originally from WI (9 yrs) and IN (8 yrs) because of the USMC, I got out in 2004 and am happy that I'm still here. I was first introduced into woodworking at the ripe ole age of 5 where I leared how to sand and make a few cuts on the band saw. Now it has turned into a complete addiction, when I can focus my time onto it. This addiction has turned me into the tool guy at work, if someone has a question somehow I end up with the answer.
I am a very busy person, currently working full time as an aircraft mechanic here at Cherrypoint doing mostly electrical and sheetmetal work, as well as a student aspiring to become an engineer. NC state has an excellent program here working with the local community colleges allowing people to take university level courses at the local community college. Fishing is also another passion of mine. Although I may not be that good at it, I still catch my fair share of fish. If those two hobbies weren't expensive enough my wife seems to find ways to spend money I didn't know we even had. I think she has a money tree hidden somewhere.

I am always open to constructive criticism and my feelings will not be hurt so I urge people to be completly honest with me. It is the only way to get better at something.

Again this is a great site and I look forward to being a part of it.
Jesse

Last edited:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome once again You have found the friendliest site on the net. Please feel free to jump in at any time, and oh yeah pictures required.:gar-Bi

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Jesse, welcome! As stated, we love pictures here - pictures of your completed projects, projects in progress, shop, family, tools, pets, vacation, anything goes. It's good to have a real engineer here on NCWW, looking forward to your input in the forums.

What sort of woodworking do you like to do?

Sawdud

New User
Chris Beasley
Welcome Jesse! Glad you found us. Not only is this the friendliest site around, it's pretty cool to chat about wood with your neighbors. People here get together all the time. Upload those PICS man!:gar-Bi

Chris

tom hintz

New User
Tom Hintz
Welcome!
I also moved here from WI (Milwaukee area) 18 years or so ago for a job. this is a very good forum with lots of experinece and lots of helpful people.
Have fun but be safe first!

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome to the party, Jesse! Thank you for your service to our country:notworthy:. Semper Fi

This is a great site with even greater folks, always willing to help. Don't hesitate to jump in any time with questions/suggestions.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome Jesse!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Glad to see you join us. It sounds like you have a ton of machinery experience which I am sure will be a great resource for us here at NCWW.:cool::cool:

Jump in, post often and by all means include some pics!

Take care,

Wayne

sapwood

New User
Roger
Another warm welcome to NCWWer!
Glad you found us and look forward to your input. It would be hard not to add the fishing hobby when you live in New Bern :icon_thum

Enjoy,
Roger

hockey1

New User
Jesse
Tom,

I can't say "Go Canes" cause I'm a Wings fan. Go Wings! And no I am not a bandwagon fan, they have been my team since I was 10 when I got into hockey. No too many places to play in this area though.

Thank you to everybody for the warm welcome. I can tell its going to be fun here. I will try to get some pics up here as soon as I can. I just got a new laptop for school and this is going to be my computer from here on out, my wife got the old used one :icon_thum.

Jesse

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Jesse:

I am originally from NY and have played most of my life and still play in Raleigh. So does Ralrick.

Doug

GO CANES!!!!

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Jesse: Welcome to a future "WolfPacker!" and ww'er. Great to have you on board. Fishing works real well with woodworking. Keeps us from gett'n bored, right?

Jump in with some pics when you can.

Again, welcome!

:wsmile:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome Jesse! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I look forward to your input and seeing some of your work. :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

Status
Not open for further replies.