New guy from Huntersville

Status
Not open for further replies.

PELLWOOD

New User
Nick
Greetings all Woodworkers, I graduated from ECU with a BFA in WoodDeisgn in '85. I have a real passion for creating beautiful things in woods of all type.Look forward to learning new techniques with the ever changing industry of wood working.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard Nick, you're in the right place to learn new techniques and make some great friends! NC woodworkers are the friendliest bunch on the web.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Nick. You have come to the right web site. Are you originally from Huntersville and now live in Caldwell?

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Welcome to the neighborhood! Lots if great folks here with tons of knowledge. Looking forward to hearing your input.

Steve Martin

New User
Steve Martin
Welcome Nick! In addition to the NCWW, the Southern Piedmont Woodturners are just around the corner in Concord, if you have slipped down the slippery slope of turning. Third Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm at 223 Crowell St., NE, Concord, NC at corner of Crowell and Kerr. This month program is a Round Robin, 5 members will conduct simultaneous demos including, 1) use of skew chisel; 2) color; 3) finishing techniques; 4) spindle turning basics; 5) reciprocating lathe.

Visitors are welcome!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nick welcome to the team. We love pictures (tools, shops, wood, finished projects and works in progress) so be sure to post some real soon.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Welcome to NCWW Nick! We're glad to have you and we also like pictures! I'm just down the road from you at Mallard Creek and WT Harris.

PELLWOOD

New User
Nick
oh one of my true loves! I spent 6 weeks up at Penland School of Crafts and got to see David Elsworth teach us how he did the green turning back in1984! absolute mad man...I tipically do Christmas gifts for the family and the lathe is what I prefer. I need parts for my lathe to get an outfeed and plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors